News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil_physics_witchcraft

We had to put eldest evil cat to sleep today. She was 18 and had cancer. :( She was SO's princess...

Puget

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on December 15, 2021, 03:51:09 PM
We had to put eldest evil cat to sleep today. She was 18 and had cancer. :( She was SO's princess...

I'm so sorry-- it's hard even when they've lived a good full life.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

Larimar

Very sorry to hear it, epw. Condolences from the Larimar crew.

mamselle

So sorry.

She'll be missed here, too.

M.

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

smallcleanrat

So sorry for your loss. :(

She will be fondly remembered.

onehappyunicorn

So sorry to hear that, it's never easy even though it's the right thing to do.
I'm sure you gave her a wonderful life.

Harlow2

So sorry, E_P_W.  Condolences to both you and SO.

AmLitHist

Adding sympathy and head-butts from our house, too, EPW.

OneMoreYear

I'm so sorry to hear about SO's princess kitty, EPW. Condolences to you, SO, and the rest of the EPW family.  The OMY cats send sympathy comfort purrs.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Thanks everyone. It's been a difficult semester. It has been hard for SO since he's experienced a lot of loss, well, we both have. It may be too soon, but I was thinking that SO and I could use some kitten or puppy love.

mamselle

It works differently for different people.

I needed to wait a bit; a friend went to the nearby adoption agency and got a new kitty the next day.

Whatever works best for you both is what you do....all good thoughts in figuring out what that may be, and in welcoming furry purrs or puppy scampers into your hearts whenever you decide to do that.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

This morning I learned that one of our staff members has a cat trapped in her vehicle.  She heard meowing at home, and meowing after she came to work.  Two others here at work also heard the meowing.  We went out a few minutes ago and listened again, and didn't hear anything this time.  Hopefully that means that the cat has found its way out and run away.  But I don't know.  The previous librarian's son once had to take his pickup truck to a dealership and have it partially dismantled to rescue a trapped cat.  At least the sweltering weather makes it unlikely that the cat will crawl into the engine seeking warmth and get eaten by the engine.

It's a good thing cats have nine lives, because they wouldn't get far with only one.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

apl68

The cat has now been heard inside the vehicle again.  Looks like it is indeed trapped.  I hope they don't have to go to too much trouble to get it out.  The family has already had two minor accidents with damage in the last couple of weeks, and now this.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

apl68

The cat has now been rescued!  One of the police officers who had been beating the bushes looking for squatters came back, crawled under the vehicle, and got it out.  It then ran to another staff member's vehicle and crawled up into it!  Then it was pulled out of that vehicle before it got stuck.  The officer has taken it to the animal shelter, and they are working on getting it adopted.  Turns out it was a kitten of prime adoptable age, so that shouldn't be a problem. 

the_geneticist

Quote from: apl68 on December 17, 2021, 09:16:05 AM
The cat has now been rescued!  One of the police officers who had been beating the bushes looking for squatters came back, crawled under the vehicle, and got it out.  It then ran to another staff member's vehicle and crawled up into it!  Then it was pulled out of that vehicle before it got stuck.  The officer has taken it to the animal shelter, and they are working on getting it adopted.  Turns out it was a kitten of prime adoptable age, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Hurray for a happy ending to the story!  Kitty should get a good name out of the experience - auto mechanic? Lyft? engine block?