Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

April Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, April 01, 2024, 10:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

New month, new(ish?) goals!

For me:

• Finally finish straggling book chapter.
  • Comment on an acquaintance's projected reply to a paper of mine.
  • Start streamlining translation 1.
  • Start a new book chapter.

Stretch:

• Start work on a chapter contribution due in August.

I'm free of the Newsletter now and our semester ends this month, so I should be able to manage all that.

But first, for today, I have to prep and record lectures. Ugh.
I know it's a genus.

Wahoo Redux

Goals:

• Open up revise & resubmit and reader's comments; begin to redraft.  Possible to finish by end of month?
  • Read for major project #2
  • Begin drafting Introduction (much is in my head) and outline for proposal----aim for June?
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

Three lectures prepped, two recorded.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

April goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 with colleagues - it would be great to get this off by the end of the month, but that will be up to my colleagues
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues - this one is sort of in limbo
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleague - R&R, ball is in colleague's court, but I'll be pestering him this month if I still haven't heard from him
  • Make progress on book project #1
  • Make progress on book project #2 with colleague

Stretch goals:
  • Apply for a small grant (or two)
  • Brainstorm and start outlining a new empirical article

Parasaurolophus

Time to return to my book chapter on the commute today. And I'll start streamlining T1, too.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

April Goals
  • Write some chapters of my book manuscript
  • Work on book chapter due in June with colleague

These are the same goals as February and March. I am not doing well with the progress of either of these, but the good news is I did receive most of the case study drafts from the contributors to the book. For those who did not submit yet, I at least heard back from them so that is promising.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 02, 2024, 08:39:06 AMTime to return to my book chapter on the commute today. And I'll start streamlining T1, too.

Did some of both (though I actually started on a new chapter), and started reading for a new referee report.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

More of the same today: streamlining T1, writing for the book.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 03, 2024, 08:57:14 AMMore of the same today: streamlining T1, writing for the book.

Managed a bit of both.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I don't anticipate any writing today, just reading for a referee report and streamlining T1.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 04, 2024, 08:41:34 AMI don't anticipate any writing today, just reading for a referee report and streamlining T1.

Did some of that. Also discovered that the only translation of a classic that is virtually unknown but super important in the history of my subfield... is rather incomplete (but also recent). So that's an interesting future project.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

A spot of streamlining and a spot of writing today, I hope.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 05, 2024, 08:40:27 AMA spot of streamlining and a spot of writing today, I hope.

Just a bit, but every bit helps.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Another tiny bit today, though time may not permit much.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 06, 2024, 08:49:04 AMAnother tiny bit today, though time may not permit much.

I wonder if I should revise my goals to just get the T1 streamlining off my plate ASAP...
I know it's a genus.