News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

April Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, April 01, 2024, 10:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I'd like to write--I'm itching to--but maybe I should just streamline today. Otherwise it'll impinge on my writing most of the summer. Sigh.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I forgot to post Friday, but I set up the documents for each chapter in my book manuscript to have some structure in place. This was not on my goals for the month, but I came across a call for submissions and decided to adapt the rejected chapter my spouse and I had written last year for it. It would be really cool to still publish it so I hope this works. I also finally had my proof edits acknowledged by the editors for the book that has my chapter due out this month. I hope those get fixed because apparently they used AI for the edits and my wording was changed to nonsense, which is scary.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 07, 2024, 08:52:14 AMI'd like to write--I'm itching to--but maybe I should just streamline today. Otherwise it'll impinge on my writing most of the summer. Sigh.

Forgot to report. I did a goodly chunk of streamlining. There's a lot left, but I'm about 17% done, so that's good.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today, streamlining and finishing reading for a referee report.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

secundem_artem

Manuscript has been submitted.  No we wait to see what miseries Reviewer #2 has up their sleeve for us.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Parasaurolophus

Streamlining T1, maybe starting to write my referee report.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I received another case study draft from a contributor and provided feedback yesterday. Today, I wrote about 600 words on a chapter. It is not as much progress as I would like to make, but at least I had time in the morning as whenever I block writing time in the afternoon, my motivation wanes.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 09, 2024, 07:45:23 AMStreamlining T1, maybe starting to write my referee report.

Just did a small bit of T1.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today, I have to check proofs, and they'll be annoying and time-consuming. After that, streamlining T1.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 10, 2024, 06:55:20 AMToday, I have to check proofs, and they'll be annoying and time-consuming. After that, streamlining T1.

Done the first, big chunk of #2.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Definitely T1 work today. Maybe I'll start writing my referee report; if not, then tomorrow.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 11, 2024, 07:18:13 AMDefinitely T1 work today. Maybe I'll start writing my referee report; if not, then tomorrow.

Only got a tiny bit done. Oh well.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Looks like I won't have much time today, so just going over T1. Unless I have a chance to start writing my report.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

I did not pay too close attention to word count before I started, but I think I added around 1,000 to 1,200 words today on a chapter. I had initially blocked out the entire day for writing after a morning student meeting, but got distracted with other non-writing matters. I forced myself to write something this afternoon which is really tough on a Friday, but now I can celebrate by taking a walk outside! It is finally warm and not crazily windy where I live.