News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Ketchup Poll

Started by secundem_artem, January 01, 2022, 11:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

secundem_artem

What do you put on your fries?  Inquiring minds want to know.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

mamselle

You're missing a few options:

A. NOTHING

B. Barbecue sauce

C. Melted chive 'n' chive

I use all three options at various points; c. was introduced to me by Belgian-French friends awhile back...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: mamselle on January 01, 2022, 12:24:17 PM
You're missing a few options:

A. NOTHING

B. Barbecue sauce

C. Melted chive 'n' chive

I use all three options at various points; c. was introduced to me by Belgian-French friends awhile back...

M.

What about mayo? ;)

mythbuster

These days you need ranch dressing as an option.

RatGuy

Quote from: secundem_artem on January 01, 2022, 11:47:31 AM
What do you put on your fries?  Inquiring minds want to know.

I generally like fries with no sauce, but I'll request comeback sauce or honey mustard as an option. My wife prefers bbq sauce.

But I'll add that I *hate* ketchup. I'll throw my fries in the trash before I'd eat them with ketchup. See also burgers or brats.

Harlow2

Trader Joe's organic ketchup. Nothing else will do

mamselle

Quote from: mythbuster on January 01, 2022, 01:14:53 PM
These days you need ranch dressing as an option.

There are two more options here, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TDGswQSu7Q

I think there's another version that I had in Strasbourg, once, but I can't find the recipe...

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ciao_yall

mamselle

It's too late to edit it, but I just noticed that Auto-corrupt messed up my choice C, it was supposed to be melted chevre with chive....!

Auto-corrupt is so bourgeois...

M.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Yeah, I suppose Parasorolophi only nosh on other dinosaurs....hence ruining their taste for anything vegetal.

M.

FishProf

Quote from: mamselle on January 01, 2022, 05:30:06 PM
Yeah, I suppose Parasorolophi only nosh on other dinosaurs....hence ruining their taste for anything vegetal.

M.

Parasaurolophus was an herbivorous dinosaur, once though to eat soft water plants but now known to include leaves, twigs, and pine needles in their diet.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

notmycircus

Gravy on top, dip in ketchup.  In my younger days.

Thursday's_Child

Salt & pepper - catsup only occasionally.

jimbogumbo

FishProf is pushing fake news. Parasaurolophus was on the ark, and ate humans after the great flood receded. My source is the Creationist museum in Kentucky.

Refute that, you science apologists!