Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Ketchup Poll

Started by secundem_artem, January 01, 2022, 11:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: FishProf on January 02, 2022, 05:59:34 AM
Quote from: mamselle on January 01, 2022, 05:30:06 PM
Yeah, I suppose Parasorolophi only nosh on other dinosaurs....hence ruining their taste for anything vegetal.

M.

Parasaurolophus was an herbivorous dinosaur, once though to eat soft water plants but now known to include leaves, twigs, and pine needles in their diet.

Occasionally a salmon slips in, too. But what's a shovelmouth to do?
I know it's a genus.

Anselm

Why does this poll have no option for the organic brands available at the natural food stores?
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

mamselle

And in fact, they are really <<frites Belges>> since they were never originally made in France...so that should also be addressed...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Langue_doc

How about adding the following to the poll:

I make my own organic ketchup
None of the above
I prefer not to answer

downer

I don't have any at home.

I will occasionally use ketchup if eating in a diner, though it has been a while. Then I use whatever they provide.

I am not sure if I will ever really take up to going to diners again.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

Puget

Hot sauce is the new ketchup.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

ab_grp

I probably use ketchup or bbq sauce most often for French fry dipping, though I also like to dip in guacamole.  Might try some of the suggestions on this thread next time! As far as ketchup brand, I was raised solely on Heinz but don't think it matters too much.

Morden

I rarely use ketchup as a condiment, but sometimes I use it while cooking as an easy substitute for tomato paste (assuming that the recipe can handle the additional sweetness)

mamselle

Quote from: ab_grp on January 03, 2022, 08:33:51 AM
I probably use ketchup or bbq sauce most often for French fry dipping, though I also like to dip in guacamole.  Might try some of the suggestions on this thread next time! As far as ketchup brand, I was raised solely on Heinz but don't think it matters too much.

Based on an article I just read about mega-companies, it's probably all the same catsup/ketchup, just packaged and marketed as different brands....

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

little bongo

Well, I grew up on Heinz--and for a couple of years, I grew up near Heinz--the family would get free samples from the plant from time to time. Have to admit I haven't thought too hard about the condiments not taken, although every now and then salt and vinegar on the fries gets me where I want to be.

apl68

Quote from: Thursday's_Child on January 02, 2022, 08:26:25 AM
Salt & pepper - catsup only occasionally.

Ketchup (however one spells it) never in my case.  I've hated the stuff with a passion since I was a child.  Now and then I'll dip fries in mayo, Arby's Horsey Sauce, mustard, or some other savory. 

The only ketchup I ever use is anchovy ketchup, aka Worcestershire sauce.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

Actually, that's another thing to consider: Fish and chips, which are essentially what are called "steak fries" here.

Those want vinegar.

M.

apl68

Quote from: mamselle on January 03, 2022, 04:13:38 PM
Actually, that's another thing to consider: Fish and chips, which are essentially what are called "steak fries" here.

Those want vinegar.

M.

Now there's an idea!  I ought to try that sometime.  I experimented with lemon juice on baked potatoes some years back.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

Look up any British recipe for "chips."

;--}

M.

Juvenal

I rarely have fries at home and if out, what you always seem to get is ketchup; at home with fry-like potatoes, I sometimes use a debased Marie Rose sauce: mayo, ketchup, horseradish.  Occasionally some creamy kind of salad dressing.
Cranky septuagenarian