News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

How do you begin WORDLE?

Started by nebo113, February 24, 2022, 06:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nebo113

Some WORDLE players begin every game with the same word, such as teary.  Other players use a different word for each game.  Which player are you?

Parasaurolophus

I either start with aeons (for fun) or fiery, followed by aloud. In both cases, I'm covering commonly-used letters; in the latter, I use up all the vowels.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Depends on my mood of the day. I think yesterday I started with prose. Each day is a different story.

The Future

mythbuster

I start with train. Two vowels and three common consonants. If that has not hits at all, I go to mouse, which then covers all the regular vowels and includes another in the standard  Wheel of Fortune common letter set of rstlne.

mamselle

My sense, from those I've seen/know who play it, is that the title has the wrong question.

One might better ask, according to them,

...."How do you STOP?"

M.

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Langue_doc

ohnoes

The middle-schooler in me is trying not to respond to Langue_doc's comment, so...

I start with the same word until it inevitably disappoints me after a few weeks and must be replaced.  I started playing with READY; now it's SAUTE.  SAUTE is on thin ice and might not make it through the weekend.

OneMoreYear

I'm pretty systematic My starting word is stare. Then doing followed by clump. These give me 15 different letters in the 1st 3 attempts. If I was trying to solve more quickly, I might change strategy. This has been a useful strategy for quordle to get a variety of letters on the board.

traductio

I start with words that make me laugh. Today was "honky" (in "honour" of the events of the past three weeks in the town where I live).

Once I started with "boner" because my sense of humour stopped developing at age 12.

RatGuy

I play on hard mode, so I try to avoid RSTLN initially. In the past week I've started with Bread, Mouth, Chunk, Misty, and Aegis. I find that I do better if I snag a weird letter early. I almost lost the day it was SHARD.  Honestly, I play Wordle and Quordle as I have my morning coffee, so typically my first guess is whatever I'm thinking about when I wake up.

the_geneticist

I start with TEARS.  Then BOING.  But then I switched to hard mode and the second word usually has to change.

Treehugger

I usually just free associate. Whatever comes to mind in the form of a five-letter word. I usually do try to pick words that have 5 different letters that are fairly common, but sometimes I just go with anything. it's just a game after all, if I feel like starting with "zooms" or "bleed" or "graft" or "blink" or "yacht" or "xylem" what the heck!

aside

STARE

[Same letters as the_geneticist's word, I see.]