News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishProf

Orestes is offering a special topics course in food as well.   

ST 499 - How is that even food?  Students will learn to chew, dismember, shred, and sometimes consume non-traditional food items (e.g. silicone straws, stuffed dinosaurs, aluminum foil, tinsel, Christmas tchotchkes).  Final exam includes hairball production with an emphasis on surprising content and locations.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

FishProf

Orestes is now at the hospital.  Early indications are that he ate something metallic (foil? ribbon?  is that a spring?).  He has petitioned, and will likely be granted, that this count as professional development credit with regard to his course offerings. 

We just had a long talk with Smolt about fault vs. responsibility in leaving things around that cats shouldn 't have access to, because they (he) will eat them.  Fun times.

AmLitHist

Aw, poor Orestes!  Sending good wisher for quick recovery!

mamselle

Likewise.

Learning about consequences for kitty-cats is so scary because they believe themselves immune and really flaunt the curve.

Poor Orestes!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

OneMoreYear

Oh no! Poor Orestes and Smolt!   I hope Orestes will recover quickly!  Sending scritches and hugs to the FishProf crew.

(This is probably the only benefit of Ricochet's extreme food pickiness. We know she will only eat one very specific brand/variety of cat food and live bugs.)

evil_physics_witchcraft

I hope Orestes is on the mend soon!

Youngest Evil cat just sneaked a few licks off my plate. I wonder how she'll like the hot sauce?

Larimar

Wishes for a speedy recovery to Orestes from the Larimar crew too!

FishProf

Thanks for all the wished.  The little man had  surgery this afternoon where the removed a tangle of chewed up hair elastics!  So, not a single ingestion,  and it explains the shortage of elastics in my house.

He did great, and should come home tomorrow.  He will be wearing the cone of shame. 

mamselle

Those elastics are a menace.

Kitties have had very serious issues with them....glad they were removed in time.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Larimar

Poor Orestes! Glad the surgery was successful & that he'll be coming home soon.

Larimar

statsgeek

Yikes, those hair ties are scary!  Glad he's on the mend. 

OneMoreYear

So happy to hear the surgery was successful and Orestes will be home today.   

In his defense, eating multiple elastics makes sense. I mean, he ate one and nothing bad happened, so he ate another one, and so on . . .

clean

QuoteSo happy to hear the surgery was successful and Orestes will be home today.   

In his defense, eating multiple elastics makes sense. I mean, he ate one and nothing bad happened, so he ate another one, and so on . . .

Arent they like Kitty Potato Chips?  You can't eat just one!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

FishProf

He is now floppy and resting on MrsFishProf.  As soon as we got him, Smolt opened the carrier and he climbed into her lap and would not be removed until we got home.

mamselle

Sounds like Orestes and Smolt are a clan of two.

M.