News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

smallcleanrat

Quote from: Larimar on November 25, 2020, 06:36:28 PM
Calico went back to the vet this morning for her follow-up, and she's got a clean bill of health. Yay!

Great news!

FishProf

Orestes gave us a moment of panic this morning when he started the hoarf-up-the-hairball sound.

Then I remembered that if it is in his throat, it isn't lodged in his intestines.

Then he coughed up 2/3 of a mouse.  A real mouse.  Sans head. 

Do I go look for the head?  Do I let it go and hope for the best?
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

nebo113

Winter Quarters reached.  Feline upstairs.  Canine downstairs.  Me drinking wine....though trip wasn't bad.  Not much traffic.

smallcleanrat

Quote from: nebo113 on November 26, 2020, 02:10:41 PM
Winter Quarters reached.  Feline upstairs.  Canine downstairs.  Me drinking wine....though trip wasn't bad.  Not much traffic.

This reads like haiku-esque poetry.

mamselle

Quote from: FishProf on November 26, 2020, 12:19:57 PM
Orestes gave us a moment of panic this morning when he started the hoarf-up-the-hairball sound.

Then I remembered that if it is in his throat, it isn't lodged in his intestines.

Oh, dear!! Given all Orestes has put you through gastro-intestinally, I'd call your vet on this one.

If he ate the head first, it might get as far down as his intestines and THEN cause unwanted trouble.

(Maybe do look for the head first, then, since that would allay those fears.)

He's a regular little "Omnivore-with-a-capital-O, though, isn't he?

(Poor mousie, too...)

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

FishProf

Given his pitiful (if adorable) begging at dinner tonight, I'd say he is GI-fine right now.

smallcleanrat

Quote from: FishProf on November 26, 2020, 03:31:56 PM
Given his pitiful (if adorable) begging at dinner tonight, I'd say he is GI-fine right now.

Was that 2/3 of a mouse in one piece? Was he trying to swallow the body whole?

FishProf

Yes, 2/3 of a mouse in one piece

evil_physics_witchcraft

nebo113

Quote from: smallcleanrat on November 26, 2020, 02:15:50 PM
Quote from: nebo113 on November 26, 2020, 02:10:41 PM

This reads like haiku-esque poetry.

Thank you!  You gave me a chuckle.

nebo113

spork

My guess is that he severed the head and only gobbled up the juicy, tender part of the mouse.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

clean

QuoteMy guess is that he severed the head and only gobbled up the juicy, tender part of the mouse.

Perhaps it is at the taxidermist to be mounted so that it can be a conversation piece.
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

OneMoreYear

Quote from: spork on November 27, 2020, 05:44:33 AM

My guess is that he severed the head and only gobbled up the juicy, tender part of the mouse.

My guess is that he ate the head first (lots of protein for your obligate carnivore).  I'm surprised he ate the tail though. I hope he does not have any issues after his successful kill.