Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneMoreYear

Quote from: the_geneticist on February 18, 2021, 12:59:33 PM
Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on February 18, 2021, 11:29:39 AM
Youngest evil cat has been taking an elective in "How to Destroy Vinyl Blinds Through Mastication."

Our office blinds have a viewing gap chewed in them courtesy of Sir Puck (aka Sir Chomps a Lot)

Our living room blinds have a viewing gap due to Ninja's unhappiness at the white things blocking her window.  She pushes into the blinds as she goes in and out of the window sill, so eventually parts of the blinds break off.  Then, no more white things blocking her window!  A problem-solver is Ninja.

Volhiker78

Our Booboo and Lilil are stuck in pre-lap snuggling only at bedtime 001.  They have no motivation to move past that.  Booboo also enforces her 6' social distance rule to anyone/anything not named A..(our daughter).  Picking either of them up to put on a lap results in a mad dash to freedom.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Elder evil cat has decided to take a sports elective- "Counter Jumping 101."

I have had this cat for 15 years and he has never jumped on the counters.... until this year. Maybe he's modeling Youngest evil cat's bad behavior. Oh and Eldest evil cat (18) uses her stealthy ninja skills to bounce onto the counter tops. So, maybe both of them have influenced him.

the_geneticist

Izzy is majoring in Interior Decorating.  Her passions include shredding the sides of furniture, gently poking holes in pillows, and ripping holes curtains so large that they have to be removed.  No stupid curtains shall block her view of the birds and squirrels!

AvidReader

Quote from: OneMoreYear on February 18, 2021, 11:20:57 AM
Awww! Hestia and Artemis (great names/fora monikers!) sound like lovely kitties.

Thank you! They are darling.

So lovely to hear about Ricochet's lap-sitting experiments. I hope they continue!

AR.

onehappyunicorn

Quote from: OneMoreYear on February 18, 2021, 01:27:01 PM
Quote from: the_geneticist on February 18, 2021, 12:59:33 PM
Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on February 18, 2021, 11:29:39 AM
Youngest evil cat has been taking an elective in "How to Destroy Vinyl Blinds Through Mastication."

Our office blinds have a viewing gap chewed in them courtesy of Sir Puck (aka Sir Chomps a Lot)

Our living room blinds have a viewing gap due to Ninja's unhappiness at the white things blocking her window.  She pushes into the blinds as she goes in and out of the window sill, so eventually parts of the blinds break off.  Then, no more white things blocking her window!  A problem-solver is Ninja.

The blinds on our bedroom are permanently deformed from all of our kitties desperately wanting to see the side yard...

wareagle

Catso has been falling down on his Cat Alarm duties; he will generally start meowing and stepping on my face at about 5:45, which gives me 30 minutes to decide if I truly want to get up.  The other day, though, it was well past 7:00.  No morning news and no lounging about that day.  He has since become more diligent about waking me up on time.  I haven't had to set the clock alarm in years now.
[A]n effective administrative philosophy would be to remember that faculty members are goats.  Occasionally, this will mean helping them off of the outhouse roof or watching them eat the drapes.   -mended drum

FishProf

Elektra is a ZoomCat.  I rarely see her, and never get to touch her, UNLESS I am on Zoom.  Then she is insatiable.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

mamselle

So, Zooming Becomes Electra?

:--}

Sorry....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

AvidReader

Our winter week seems to be over, so the cats are back outside, and I am sitting on the patio to do some grading and administrative work because it is quite pleasant out. Artemis is not living up to her name and has fallen asleep under the table. Hestia, in contrast, caught (and ate) a small bug a few weeks ago and an earthworm (which we rescued) last week; she is currently scampering around the patio hunting ants. I'm pretty sure she thinks she is tracking one most impressively, but she keeps wandering away in distraction, coming back to the spot where she left it, and--surprise!--finding it* still there.

*there is a moderately steady stream of ants in one corner of the patio, which is why "it" is always still there, even when I know her past victim is long gone.

AR.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Youngest evil cat decided that she didn't like my pants and chewed off the drawstring. Granted, they're old 'house pants', but what the hell Y.E.C?

OneMoreYear

Anyone's kitties have unusual napping spots?

Ricochet naps in boxes, underneath furniture, on top of our tallest bookcase, and, in the winter, directly on top of the heating vents (under a side table). When she's feeling brave, she naps on the guest room bed (which is in the room farthest away from the people).

Ninja typically naps on beds or chairs or, when available, in laundry baskets on top of the clean laundry. However, recently, she has a new napping spot in the bathroom on the over-the-toilet towel shelf rack on top of the clean folded towels.  She crawls into her spot from the sink and is now spending most of her day in the bathroom. 

Puget

Quote from: OneMoreYear on February 22, 2021, 01:17:55 PM
Anyone's kitties have unusual napping spots?

At least in winter their napping spots are a very predictable rotation, between their baskets in front of the fire, my chair in front of the fire, the sofa, and the cat window shelf (which has a pet heating pad on it-- yes, they are spoiled). Occasionally Little Calico, who moves around more to evade the coyotes (she hasn't seen any yet, but that doesn't mean they aren't lurking in the living room someplace. . .) will move to a dining room chair or upstairs to the bed or cat condo. They also like boxes, but for play rather than napping.

In summer they like the windowsills of open windows and random shady spots on the wood floors, which must be cooler.

Right now Little Calico is sleeping on the sofa with her head under a throw pillow, and Panther Boy is sleeping on the window shelf.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

clean

In laundry baskets... especially when the clothes are hot out of the dryer!

Long ago kitty used to nap IN the dryer.  After closing the door on him to fluff up the clothes, there was a terrible clunking sound from the dryer!  I opened the door, and he jumped out!  I m sure I was blamed for this offence, but I dont remember if he was cured of that habit.  However, I also learned to CHECK the dryer first!! before fluffing up the clothes!

Another kitty preferred to nap ON ME.  He became named "fat cat" for a reason!  so he wasnt exactly a joy to serve as a napping cushion! 

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

Larimar

HerMajesty has taken to sleeping in the laundry hamper.

I'm too ignorant a human to understand why that is a regal place to be.