News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneMoreYear

Ninja (large, black kitty who self-identifies as queen of the household) remains unimpressed that one of her people is now home all day.
Ricochet the Squirrelly Tortie has increased the frequency of practicing her human-feline interaction skills, which currently primarily consist of remaining in the same room as a human, as long as the human stays more than 6 feet away.  Occasional head scritches are acceptable; additional contact results in increased social distancing (top of a bookcase) with an intense disinfection period.

Larimar

There's a Queen Kitty here too. HerMajesty decided this morning that the time I was spending paying bills would be much better spent petting her. She jumped on my lap, then climbed onto the little side table I was using, and sat down on the envelopes and papers, purring loudly (and regally) the whole time. Clearly I'd had my priorities all wrong. Humans are so prone to that.

Larimar

OneMoreYear

Quote from: Larimar on April 03, 2020, 12:12:55 PM
There's a Queen Kitty here too. HerMajesty decided this morning that the time I was spending paying bills would be much better spent petting her. She jumped on my lap, then climbed onto the little side table I was using, and sat down on the envelopes and papers, purring loudly (and regally) the whole time. Clearly I'd had my priorities all wrong. Humans are so prone to that.

Larimar

Ninja acknowledges that there may be another Queen who rules another kingdom and recommends that HerMajesty also sit directly on her human's computer keyboard if she really wants her human's attention.  Further, stealing all of her human's pens is a time-tested strategy.

I was using a neck massager last night, and Richochet the Squirrelly Tortie apparently thought that it was the sound of the mothership calling her home. She vaulted onto the couch and stood on top of me, kneading me with claws extended and head-butting me while rumble-purring for a good two minutes.  Then, apparently deciding that she was not going to get beamed-up to her home planet where things make more sense, ran out of the room and jumped on top of a bookshelf.

mamselle

My student's two marmalade yearlings were doing "Tag-You're It" zoomies during his (apltly named, Zoom-lesson) yesterday.

Suddenly, in the middle of scales, an orange streak flashed up over the bass keyboard, behind the music lyre, and off the top of the keys to the sofa.

Apparently the other one decided to head him off at the pass; I heard scrambling below the level of the screen, then a different orange streak peaked over the footstool and onto the sofa as well--but too late to catch his brother.

Both were seen heading for the kitchen (where I think their mom decided to put some kibble out as a distraction) and off-screen after that.

My student just kept playing his scales as if nothing had happened.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Larimar

HerMajesty says that Ninja gives good advice. Getting between a human and his or her computer is a sure way to get attention in this queendom too. Pen-stealing is also effective, but that is more Twerp's modus operandi.

Good for your student Mamselle, but kitty zoomies are always entertaining!

mamselle

Yes, I was trying very hard not to laugh, so as not to disturb my student!

I gather he's become accustomed to their antics.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

smallcleanrat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksnt3kBR9iM

Do you think this kitty dislikes the music? Or has he simply learned that doing this nets him cuddles and attention?

Parasaurolophus

Our orange cat appears to have ingested something poisoned. He was in a bad way a few days ago, but is much better now. He doesn't want his wet food, but is at least eating a little of the dry we have left over from before we switched to wet exclusively. Poor guy's lost a couple pounds, and looks tiny.
I know it's a genus.

Larimar

Oh no! Poor guy. Any idea what he might have gotten into? Had he been outside?

FishProf

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on April 06, 2020, 09:10:50 AM
Our orange cat appears to have ingested something poisoned. He was in a bad way a few days ago, but is much better now. He doesn't want his wet food, but is at least eating a little of the dry we have left over from before we switched to wet exclusively. Poor guy's lost a couple pounds, and looks tiny.

Any chance it was thread or ribbon?
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Larimar on April 06, 2020, 10:11:49 AM
Oh no! Poor guy. Any idea what he might have gotten into? Had he been outside?

No idea, but I suspect someone's been poisoning rodents. (But yes, he'd been outside.)

Quote from: FishProf on April 06, 2020, 10:46:02 AM

Any chance it was thread or ribbon?

Not really, no. His platelet count was very low, and he wasn't coagulating. Combined with the puking and fever and stuff, some sort of poison seems pretty likely.

Finding an appropriately nutritive substitute food he'll eat is a bit of a challenge, however, especially with the travel and other restrictions in place. Most of them are just way too high in carbs (and what he was eating before was one of the lowest-carb canned food on the market). Hopefully that's just temporary, and he'll be back to the usual stuff soon, poor love.

In the meantime, he desperately resents not going out.
I know it's a genus.

Volhiker78

Our two cats, Booboo and Lucky, are very happy to have us at home now.  However, the fighting between them has increased as well. When no one was home during the day, our guess was that both cats slept 95% of the time and ignored each other the remainder.  Now that there is always someone around, they are much less tolerant.   We've had to institute an intra-house quarantine when we are all in the living room.  Booboo gets the east end and Lucky the middle and west end with a sliding door border. Outside screened area is also strictly controlled.  Not sure if this situation can be eased up later or not.

Puget

My two are also big fans of this work from home situation. I think they are going to be very displeased when I'm no longer home all day every day.

Luckily they also love each other (they are 1 year old sibs), so we are often all three snuggled on the couch together, or they run around paling and getting into trouble together.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

AmLitHist

The dean asked for good news, pics of our home offices, etc. to put in the division newsletter later today.  I sent her a photo of Little Cat sprawled out on her back, looking cute, and said to caption it as my "at-home supervisor."

Even the cat needs her 15 minutes of fame.

Larimar

Quote from: AmLitHist on April 07, 2020, 10:18:26 AM
The dean asked for good news, pics of our home offices, etc. to put in the division newsletter later today.  I sent her a photo of Little Cat sprawled out on her back, looking cute, and said to caption it as my "at-home supervisor."

Even the cat needs her 15 minutes of fame.

Love it!