News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishProf

Orestes is back at the hospital. Pneumonia at the very least. Perhaps a leaking/ruptured intestine and sepsis.  This is a very rough night.  I am on phone vigil duty.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

mamselle

OH, no....thinking of you all.

Scritches, sweet kitty...get well soon.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

OneMoreYear

Poor Orestes! I'm so sorry to hear the news. The OMY crew sends healing thoughts, comfort purrs, and soft scritches to Ortestes and his humans; we hope he is well very soon. 

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: FishProf on June 22, 2020, 06:36:48 PM
Orestes is back at the hospital. Pneumonia at the very least. Perhaps a leaking/ruptured intestine and sepsis.  This is a very rough night.  I am on phone vigil duty.

Oh, the poor love! I'm so sorry.
I know it's a genus.

evil_physics_witchcraft

I'm sorry to hear it FishProf. Sending positive waves.

Larimar

Sorry to hear it here too. Wishing Orestes the best.

FishProf

Thanks all.  Current report is pneumonia but no apparent sepsis.  We'll here more at noon.

OneMoreYear

Good news that there is no sepsis! Still it would be scary to have him in the hospital with pneumonia.  Sending continued healing thoughts to the FishProf family. Hope you get more good news at noon.

AmLitHist

Adding our human and kitty good wishes to all at FishProf's house, especially Orestes and Smolt.

smallcleanrat

Best wishes for your little ones, FishProf. Hope Orestes recovers well and gets back to paling around with Smolt soon.

the_geneticist

Poor little Orestes kitty!  Let's hope he makes a quick recovery and is back to happy romping soon.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Elder Evil cat has not worn the cone-of-shame in about a week. He has decided to make up for lost time and lick the bejezzus out of himself. He coughed up two hairballs today. I have been brushing him to remove loose hair and I gave him some 'hairball helper', but damn!- this cat is something else! What? I don't know.

We also carefully removed his stitches (very carefully), since our vet has closed due to an outbreak. That was fun. All seems fine. *fingers crossed*

mamselle

How's Orestes-the-kitten doing?

Any updates?

Still wishing him and the FP family well.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

FishProf

Orestes is still in the Hospital.  However,  the cardiac consult and the surgical intervention consults were both negative.  He's out of his oxygen tent and loving the attention.  I expect he will be home today.

Larimar

Poor kitty. Hope he will be home today.