News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

QuoteI'm ready for FB and such to cease the asinine political bickering and get back to posting cute cat videos.

I know that THIS is not the thread to make such statements, but I search the internet (even twitter) to see what Mable and Olive have posted lately!! 

I think that this was the last one I saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l942GNHc7rw

(Sorry to put up a DOG video in the CAT thread.... not sorry, really.... That is JUST the politically divided world we are living in these days!!)
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

fleabite

Quote from: FishProf on August 26, 2020, 08:41:11 AM
Orestes has grown so much when he stretches out on the floor, it looks like he has a 2nd cat midsection grafted in.  He's like an accordion.  Or a dining table with a leaf that drops into place when he goes long-cat.

I love these images!

the_geneticist

Izzy's 1st birthday was yesterday!  We celebrated with a birthday sign, new toys, and entirely too many treats.  I posted pictures on social media. 
My mom is slightly mortified.  She is still disappointed that I have cats and not kids.

mamselle

Tell her cats are easier to potty-train.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Elder evil cat has learned how to headbutt open the gate to the kitchen. Now, not only can he open doors (so far, only with lever handles), but he can open gates (which swing open) by exerting enough force. Why do we have the gate?- so he won't eat Eldest evil cat's food.

citrine

Orestes has grown so much when he stretches out on the floor, it looks like he has a 2nd cat midsection grafted in.  He's like an accordion.  Or a dining table with a leaf that drops into place when he goes long-cat.

I call that the "taffy puller" stage of kittenhood.

FishProf

Quote from: citrine on August 29, 2020, 07:27:08 AM

That is an apt description.  It is kind weird to watch.  As if he's attempting binary fission.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Parasaurolophus

The red cat never grew out of his taffy puller stage.
I know it's a genus.

FishProf

I expect Orestes to grow to the point where picking him up doesn't get him off the floor.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

OneMoreYear

We set some peaches in a bowl on the counter this morning. I came into the kitchen later and found Ninja licking and rubbing her cheek against a peach.  Ummm, what?! No idea what brought that on. Any other fora cats like fruit?

Puget

I broke down under the  insistence of Panther Boy that one short evening walk in his harness was completely inadequate (and his siamese heritage is confirmed in the volume at which he tells me this) and purchased what the company calls a catery but which I've dubbed the cat coop. It's a wood and wire structure about 3' deep by 6' long by 6' high, positioned against the side of the house so they can go out the window into it.

Took quite a lot of assembly but with my trusty cordless electric screwdriver I finished putting it together today and it took the cats about 30 seconds to head out the window into it when I opened the screen for them. Little Calico surprised me by going first, closely followed by her brother. They practiced going in and out several times to reassure themselves they could get back in, then settled in for a long session of smelling and eating the grass and sitting on the perches checking out the yard from their new vantage, observed by the neighbors who had been following this odyssey with interest. They are now back in and asleep-- so much excitement seems to have tuckered them out.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

mamselle

Sounds a bit like the "catio" I saw advertised the other day.

What we don't do for them...!!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: OneMoreYear on August 29, 2020, 03:48:58 PM
We set some peaches in a bowl on the counter this morning. I came into the kitchen later and found Ninja licking and rubbing her cheek against a peach.  Ummm, what?! No idea what brought that on. Any other fora cats like fruit?

Maybe it's a texture (fuzziness) thing?

Larimar

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on August 30, 2020, 04:17:04 AM
Quote from: OneMoreYear on August 29, 2020, 03:48:58 PM

Maybe it's a texture (fuzziness) thing?

That'd be my guess.

The current Larimar cats don't go for fruit, but the late calico Harlequin did love corn chips!

Quote from: FishProf on August 29, 2020, 07:47:36 AM
Quote from: citrine on August 29, 2020, 07:27:08 AM

That is an apt description.  It is kind weird to watch.  As if he's attempting binary fission.

Quote from: FishProf on August 29, 2020, 11:41:25 AM
I expect Orestes to grow to the point where picking him up doesn't get him off the floor.

LOL!

Larimar

AmLitHist

It's cooled off a bit and the humidity has dropped, so the girls are in bliss:  Mom shut off the AC and opened the windows and doors.