News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil_physics_witchcraft

Puget:

That catio sounds pretty cool. As for Siamese heritage, I'm wondering if Elder evil cat has some. When he parades around the room, with a sock or toy in his mouth, he will howl and cry very, very loudly. I can hear him several rooms away if I'm not there with him!

Edit: He is also incredibly loud at other times and I think his mother 'may' have had some Siamese.

Catherder

My cat's cat noises are so soft that you have to touch her to know she's purring. Although every morning she does sing out at about 9 AM.

I've never heard her growl or hiss--she's really sweet-tempered. But yesterday evening I annoyed her by touching her paws while she was stretched out against me in the couch. She grabbed my hand, bit it (fiercely?  gently? Hard to tell.) and leapt off the couch, tail lashing. Most unusual.

clean

QuoteShe grabbed my hand, bit it (fiercely?  gently? Hard to tell.) and leapt off the couch, tail lashing. Most unusual

You were Spanked!!  you should THINK about that next time! 

My cat would then proceed to hold a grudge for a while.  Sitting with his back to me. The occasional tail swish marked the 'time out' clock. 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: clean on August 30, 2020, 11:10:14 AM
QuoteShe grabbed my hand, bit it (fiercely?  gently? Hard to tell.) and leapt off the couch, tail lashing. Most unusual

You were Spanked!!  you should THINK about that next time! 

My cat would then proceed to hold a grudge for a while.  Sitting with his back to me. The occasional tail swish marked the 'time out' clock.

The idea of a cat spanking someone just made me laugh.

OneMoreYear

After more than 4 years, Ricochet appears to have finally figured out that 1) beds are good places to nap and 2) if the human comes into the room when she is on the bed, it is not necessary to immediately hide.  Now, if she is napping on the bed and one of us comes into the room, she will allow head scritches and some light full body petting, with an occasional tummy rub (not if both of us come into the room though, that requires immediate hiding because you never know what those humans will do if there's more than one of them at a time). Such a brave kitty!

Larimar

Yay for Ricochet's progress. Kitty-petting is a good thing.

Geonerd

I now have a childproof lock on my freezer. The FurNerds have figured out how to open the door while sitting on top of the fridge. I'm both annoyed and proud.

mamselle

Let me guess.

The frozen fish was on top?

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

We haven't seen any for a couple of months, but I just removed a tick from the corner of the red cat's eyelid. Those twizzlers are magic!
I know it's a genus.

the_geneticist

Hurray for Ricochet becoming more friendly!
The FurNerds sound like they are entirely too clever.  I'm sure our cats would open the fridge if they knew it contained food.
And ticks are super gross.  I removed one from a cat's tail once.  I thought it was a growth or mole until I saw the legs.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: the_geneticist on September 02, 2020, 04:08:49 PM

And ticks are super gross.  I removed one from a cat's tail once.  I thought it was a growth or mole until I saw the legs.

*shudder*

The red cat gets, like, 30+ a year here. Spring is terrifying.
I know it's a genus.

Puget

I moved the bookcase this evening because the gas "wood" stove is going to go in that corner -- there were 20(!) of the plastic spring toys back there. I thought they were distributed under various radiators and the fridge, but nope.

Cats are stilling loving the cat coop. I think they will be very displeased when it gets cold-- we'll see down to what temperature they still want to go out there (and what temperature I'm willing to leave the window cracked for them to do so).
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

mamselle

Hey, when you find a good hiding place, why waste it?

^     ^
      o  o
  _ \ uu  /_
     /      \

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

the_geneticist

Quote from: Puget on September 02, 2020, 05:23:31 PM
I moved the bookcase this evening because the gas "wood" stove is going to go in that corner -- there were 20(!) of the plastic spring toys back there. I thought they were distributed under various radiators and the fridge, but nope.

Cats are stilling loving the cat coop. I think they will be very displeased when it gets cold-- we'll see down to what temperature they still want to go out there (and what temperature I'm willing to leave the window cracked for them to do so).

Come now, can't you just heat up the outside?  Our cats are baffled when it gets too hot or too cold or too wet to go sniff around in the garden ("Well, aren't you going to fix this?!")

the_geneticist

Sorry for the double-post.
Our Effie cat is in the vet with severe dehydration.  We think he's having another gastric ulcer like last year - vomiting, diarrhea, blood in his stool.