News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishProf

Smolt found about a dozen of her own things that have been missing for months.  Bonus!
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

the_geneticist

Glad to hear that the surgery went well for Orestes.  Cats are indeed lucky they are cute!

In sad news, Effie cat died at the vets office.  We got to be there to say goodbye.  The vet thinks it was lymphoma based on the symptoms and the suddenness of it all.  It was a peaceful end, but it's heart-wrenching that they made us sign the damn paperwork first.

Puget

Quote from: the_geneticist on September 08, 2020, 09:40:29 AM
Glad to hear that the surgery went well for Orestes.  Cats are indeed lucky they are cute!

In sad news, Effie cat died at the vets office.  We got to be there to say goodbye.  The vet thinks it was lymphoma based on the symptoms and the suddenness of it all.  It was a peaceful end, but it's heart-wrenching that they made us sign the damn paperwork first.

I'm so sorry-- it's hard to lose them, even when they've had a good long life.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

Larimar

Very sorry to hear about Effie. Agreed that it is really hard to lose a kitty.

Volhiker78

Very sorry to read about Effie. 

FishProf

I'm so sorry.  Being there to say goodbye is so hard, but it is so important. 
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

mamselle

Agreed.

I held my first kitty (FEL-V, age 4, before they had treatment regimens and vaccines) and brushed her, because that was her favorite thing, while they did the injections.

I've always been glad they let me do that.

RIP, Effie.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

I'm sorry to hear this.

the_geneticist

Thank you for the kind words.  Effie was Mr. Dr. Geneticist's cat, or rather Mr. Dr. Geneticist was Effie's person.  I was a distant second, but considering Effie disliked most all people I was happy that he let me pet him.  They were together 15 years.
Our other cats keep searching the house.  I think they are looking for Effie.

OneMoreYear

Quote from: the_geneticist on September 09, 2020, 10:36:10 AM
Thank you for the kind words.  Effie was Mr. Dr. Geneticist's cat, or rather Mr. Dr. Geneticist was Effie's person.  I was a distant second, but considering Effie disliked most all people I was happy that he let me pet him.  They were together 15 years.
Our other cats keep searching the house.  I think they are looking for Effie.

I'm so sorry to hear about Effie cat, but glad it was peaceful and you could be with him as he crossed the bridge.

When my tuxedo buddy died too young of renal complications, my fluffy calico, who had adopted him as her own, spent the next few days searching for him and crying.  She never "adopted" any of the other kittens that we brought into her life.

OneMoreYear

Sorry for double posting.

Richochet is currently hanging out under my doc cam. Perhaps she thinks my students would prefer to admire her gorgeous tortie fur rather than practice hand calculations.

She is probably correct.

mamselle

You could take a screen shot and use it for your backdrop for the class....

;--}

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Elder evil cat was baaaaaad during my last Webex. He howled and yowled because he wasn't in the room with me (which was intentional- he gets into everything). SO was preoccupied and so couldn't remove him. For almost 40 minutes he just stared at me from the other room.

AmLitHist

Quote from: OneMoreYear on September 10, 2020, 12:38:28 PM
Sorry for double posting.

Richochet is currently hanging out under my doc cam. Perhaps she thinks my students would prefer to admire her gorgeous tortie fur rather than practice hand calculations.

She is probably correct.

I'm still eagerly awaiting my doc cam, not least so I can screen-share it during my lectures to keep students paying attention. In its absence, Little Cat let out with a huge pitiful meow right before my second lecture ended today.  I guess it's hard to be deprived of cat treats and not say anything about it for a whole 2 hours and 45 minutes!

Larimar

Twerp climbed on my lap and was my teaching assistant for the last few minutes of class just now.

She's cute. And she knows it. And she milks it.

Larimar