News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Lovely!

I'd suggest Aureole and Ariel but they may sound too much alike for the cats to do whatever degree of learning their names that cats do is.

Happy you're happy!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Larimar

Congratulations Mythbuster! May you and your family and your kittens find much joy together.

For names for kitty twins, how about Sebastian and Viola? Luke and Leia?

OneMoreYear

Wonderful, mythbuster! Thank you for sharing your good news! May they rule over you for many happy years to come.
We need some pictures to fully appreciate their adorableness and help you decide on names.

clean

Do any of you ask for "PAPER" at the grocery store? 

Kitties really like to play in paper bags! 

Anyone have any stories to relate?

With Boxing Day coming up, make sure that your kitties have plenty of boxes to play with!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

mamselle

Quote from: clean on December 10, 2020, 07:02:36 PM
Do any of you ask for "PAPER" at the grocery store? 

Kitties really like to play in paper bags! 

Anyone have any stories to relate?

With Boxing Day coming up, make sure that your kitties have plenty of boxes to play with!

In the...hmmm..80s? 90s?...there was what we'd now call a visual meme of a darkish, tigerish tabby kitten poking it's nose out of a paper bag

You'd see it on mugs, little tin boxes and the like.

My last kitty looked just like that, and indeed loved to burrow into paper bags and sqirm around to look at me balefully out of the sheltering depths of such a bag.

Somewhere there's a picture of Woodsmoke in her bag, sitting beside a little metal box whose lid looks just like her.

It looked as if she'd posed for it...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

FishProf

Names:  Zim and Gir,

Poly and .....um...Cracker?

(Smolt suggests) Mollie and Tom (we are reading a cat adventure book)

I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

FKM100

How about Sunny and Grey? (I like simple names).

the_geneticist

Athena and Hermes?  Stormy and Sunny?  Hemmingway & Jason?  Lady Jane and Sir Pounce?

AmLitHist

Welcome to the new kitties!

clean

In the...hmmm..80s? 90s?...there was what we'd now call a visual meme of a darkish, tigerish tabby kitten poking it's nose out of a paper bag

My local grocery chain will offer paper bags, but you have to ask, as the default is Plastic.
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

onehappyunicorn

I've always wanted to name a cat Mr. Pants or Professor Snugglesworth. There are, of course, endless variations on art related cat names (Clawed Monet, Frida Khatlo, Catavaggio, Albrecht Purer) but I do love me a bad dad jokes/puns. Food is also (too) important to me, so maybe Mac and Cheese, Burger and Fries, Rice and Beans, etc.

the_geneticist

I am so glad I'm not the only one with "backup" cat names for if/when a cat appears that fits the name.
Mine are Argyle for a tiger stripe and Waffles for an orange tabby.

spork

Henri, le Chat Noir, is dead at age 17.

For those of you who might be unfamiliar with Henri: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q34z5dCmC4M&ab_channel=WillBraden.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

AmLitHist

Oh, I'm so sorry, Spork!  RIP Henri.

OneMoreYear

Mythbuster, I hope the new kitties are settling in! What did you decide on for their names?

I am on the couch grading this evening. In an impressive display of cat-human interaction, Ricochet has been hanging out on the couch with me near my knees (but not actually touching me, of course). Even more impressively, she actually stayed on the couch when I got up to get a snack and came back to sit down! I am actively resisting petting her so I don't disturb her and cause her to bolt.