RIP: To remember those lost to us, whether close or at large

Started by mamselle, June 03, 2019, 05:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueroses

Octoprof, please know that cgfunmathguy sends his condolences and prayers for peace and comfort for you and all who loved Mr Wonderful. We know how much he loved you and how much you loved him.

AmLitHist

I'm so very, very sorry, Octoprof. Take care of yourself.

traductio

I'm so sorry to read this -- my deepest and sincerest condolences.

paultuttle

bioteacher

We've also lost Infopri. Hugs to all who knew and loved her.

mamselle

Quote from: bioteacher on October 06, 2019, 05:39:50 PM

Oh, no.

I know she had all the injuries from her accident as well as all the chronic stuff, but I thought she was doing better.

I'm very sorry to hear this.

RIP, InfoPri...

M.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

hungry_ghost

Oh no, just oh no.
Octoprof, I am so sorry for your unbelievable loss.

Infopri, RIP, and condolences to all ...

ursula

Quote from: bioteacher on October 06, 2019, 05:39:50 PM

How sad! Infopri was such a valued and valuable member of the Fora community.

ab_grp

RIP, Infopri.  So many good and interesting interactions.  I am so sorry to hear about this loss to our community as well.  My condolences to her close friends and family! And hugs all around here.  I think we need them.

backatit

Octoprof, I am so sorry.

We just lost our good friend. He was an MD, and one of our regular Thursday board game group. He was a larger than life figure, and his presence is terribly missed. He liked to attend Ren Faires as a pirate (I know :D) and when we were coming home from his funeral, we passed a really BIG pirate ship, all lit up with canons on our street. We both thought we were hallucinating, so we drove around the block for another look. It turns out that our new neighbors decided to go all out for Halloween and were putting up a REALLY big ghost pirate ship (the thing is seriously 10 feet tall by about 20 feet long, and is REALLY realistic- now I can't wait to meet them). It was just so fitting...

octoprof

Quote from: backatit on October 07, 2019, 10:55:36 AM
We just lost our good friend. He was an MD, and one of our regular Thursday board game group. He was a larger than life figure, and his presence is terribly missed. He liked to attend Ren Faires as a pirate (I know :D) and when we were coming home from his funeral, we passed a really BIG pirate ship, all lit up with canons on our street. We both thought we were hallucinating, so we drove around the block for another look. It turns out that our new neighbors decided to go all out for Halloween and were putting up a REALLY big ghost pirate ship (the thing is seriously 10 feet tall by about 20 feet long, and is REALLY realistic- now I can't wait to meet them). It was just so fitting...

I'm so sorry, backatit, but I'm glad you saw a good sign. Those are going to be fun neighbors.
Welcome your cephalopod overlord.

ab_grp

Adding my sympathies on your loss, Backatit.  And I agree, it seems like a sign and a great one.  Those kinds of things provide a ray of hope even in times of such loss. 

nucleo

Oh, Octo, I am so sorry.  How heartbreaking this news is about Mr. Wonderful.

And my condolences also to backatit and everyone who knew Infopri.

nescafe

I've been absent from these fora for a few weeks, but just logged in to do some PMs. My little brother (in his thirties) died in a motor vehicle accident very recently. I'm totally devastated and feeling like my life has lost its rudder. I haven't been sleeping effectively. And for a lot of reasons linked to the circumstances within which we grew up together (mostly familial abuse), I'm really angry with the world for the unfairness that his life ended well before it got to the good part.

I just needed to share that. Thanks.