RIP: To remember those lost to us, whether close or at large

Started by mamselle, June 03, 2019, 05:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaysixteen

clean

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

fishbrains

I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

jimbogumbo

Quote from: fishbrains on September 05, 2021, 12:17:01 PM
Quote from: kaysixteen on August 30, 2021, 09:24:29 PM
I hate spunk.

:)

How old do I have to be to recognize this reference?

"A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants."

ab_grp

Michael K. Williams https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/06/arts/michael-k-williams-dead.html.  He was a multi-talented individual who brought some truly iconic and unforgettable characters to life (Omar Little is probably the biggest fan favorite), but obviously he had numerous personal struggles throughout his own life.  He was obviously well regarded by his colleagues and sounds like a genuinely kind and giving person as well.   

clean

Norm McDonald at 61
After a nine year fight with cancer
He kept it a secret so I never knew he was sick
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

little bongo

Yes--Mcdonald didn't want audiences to regard him any differently, and nothing was allowed to get in the way of the comedy. The guy made me laugh a lot.

fishbrains

I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

mamselle

The confirmation of the death of Gabby Petito is due after the forensic autopsy tomorrow, but the announcement to the family has been made and investigations have apparently moved towards a likely criminal charge of her fiance, who is himself missing, shortly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogTMRKTsyxQ

Both families are dealing with difficult issues; peace to them all.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mamselle

In annual memoriam:

Dr. Elizabeth Cain, musicologist, Sarum chant expert, Latinist, vocalist, liturgist, and gatekeeper (in the old liturgical sense) to that rarified culture of individuals who, like her, saw no reason to distinguish between singing music and studying its history; knowing how to make a good jousting parry and how to cut a good galliard caper; and translating a medieval musical source and chewing out a blinkered bishop who didn't quite see the point of women's (Anglican) ordination.

She god-parented at least two of us that I know of who seek to follow in her dancing footsteps and live by her joyful precepts (and chew out any bishops or their like who still need it, even yet today).

+ 2016.09.30 (Feast of St. Jerome)

RIP

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

downer

Pat Fish, the main man behind The Jazz Butcher Conspiracy, aka The Jazz Butcher, died this week at the age of 63.

I enjoyed their music.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

secundem_artem

George Frayne - Commander Cody of Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen.  Rockabilly pioneers of the 1960's.  Biggest hit was Hot Rod Lincoln
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

mamselle

Quote from: mamselle on September 20, 2021, 10:03:09 AM
The confirmation of the death of Gabby Petito is due after the forensic autopsy tomorrow, but the announcement to the family has been made and investigations have apparently moved towards a likely criminal charge of her fiance, who is himself missing, shortly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogTMRKTsyxQ

Both families are dealing with difficult issues; peace to them all.

M.

Updated: The cause of death was identified and homicide confirmed. The fiance remains unfound, but has been federally charged with credit card fraud for the use of her cards in the days after her probable date of death, which was laterally referred to by the coroner as due to domestic violence.

The family has created an endowed fund to assist others in such circumstances, specifically in response to concerns that a documented imbalance in searching and prosecution exists; in the process of searching for Petito, two other missing individuals' remains have been located.

M.