News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Post your asides here

Started by aside, June 05, 2019, 09:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightning

Captain Obvious is a popular Halloween costume.

aside

[unrelated]

You should not have to date more than once to get a reference letter.

Parasaurolophus

It's too bad your education in economics didn't include the principle of charity. Or fallacies of relevance. (Or economic history, for that matter, but I suppose that complaint of mine goes back too many months.)
I know it's a genus.

little bongo

[unrelated]

I think everybody on that thread just kind of missed the exit ramp. It may well be that when the good Lord was passing out self-regard, that particular poster went back in line for seconds. But they also agreed to disagree, which probably would have been a good time to stop the pile-on.

jimbogumbo

EWU is [a forumite's] university.

paultuttle

jimbogumbo

mahagonny

When any department in my field that is so toxic they have to bring in a person from off campus for chairing it's time for a funeral, not a moderator.

RatGuy

It's weird that you comment on a student's clothing when discussing their grade

marshwiggle

Quote from: RatGuy on November 08, 2022, 06:04:34 AM
It's weird that you comment on a student's clothing when discussing their grade

Not in the context of the student's comment.
It takes so little to be above average.

kaysixteen

Maybe it is actually long past time for another involuntary medical leave here...

jimbogumbo

The requested commentary would fill a much needed gap in the conversation.

ergative

nebo113 can be quite eloquent and lyrical in moments of extreme passion.

mahagonny

I'll put it here in case anyone's interested. If you've read this far it's because you're curious, not because some 'troll' who has you pinned to the wall won't leave you alone.

Question: (doesn't require an answer)

What's the difference between two scenarios, other than how much you like or dislike the individuals involved?

1. Forumites think Mahagonny is trolling or pissing on one thread or another (or maybe all through use of sig line) by indicating pronouns they/them/theirs; whereas, Mahag cannot possibly be serious about gender non-binary status unless they are aligned with liberal sensibilities, on board with DEI objective, training, etc.

2. Mahag's non-woke non-academic blue collar guy friend (might as well label him 'MAGA') thinks liberals are trolling (gaslighting) the sane men and women of our society by saying anyone's gender is fact that get to choose, sort of like deciding which dress shirt you're wearing today.
While there was no red wave, there were more popular votes cast for republicans. Your bubble is not happening North Dakota, for starters. Not only not happening. It is despised.

Anyone can accuse someone of trolling. You believe what and whom you want, or not, for any reason you prefer. Twilight zone? Enlightenment?

jimbogumbo

I bet you hold out until you can get a nuclear powered car:)