News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - GWP yesterday, and a 1 AM session got me another GWP again.

LB - Just close 3fers - tricky one yesterday! Examples include: phormium-marvel-lane, lamp-phormium-maven, phenomenal-live-euro. 3fer as well from last night, we'll see if anything busts loose.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Beta with pangram so far.  Yesterday I got to QB, with cuing and cooing as my final words. 

No 2fer yesterday--LB was a toughie, so congratulations, ab_grp!  I think you're the only one who found one?

I do have a 2fer today, though.

Langue_doc, reading about your grocery trip reminded me of all the things I both loved and hated about riding the subway.  My husband is going grocery shopping today, which will be a much less exciting experience than a subway trip! 

Happy puzzling!

monarda

@cathwen, my last two words yesterday were the same two, cuing and cooing. We must be on the same wavelength.

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to QBABM without too much trouble, so good luck! Yesterday my final word was voguing, which I needed help with.  I don't think I would have just come up with that, though I'm sure it's been in there before.

My 2fer is a little weird.  I came up with phenomenal-lurve.  I figured I'd try it because people sometimes say they lurve something rather than love it, but I guess it's acceptable! I also wondered if we should come up with a term for wraparound solutions.  Like lurve-epiphenomenal-lurve, solutions that can go either way.  A band? A ring? So I did get a solution (or two, I guess), but I'm not crazy about the mate.  Congrats on getting one today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

QB! Familiar words today.

ciao_yall

Quote from: ab_grp on November 22, 2021, 09:56:53 AM
Good morning/afternoon!

Got to QBABM without too much trouble, so good luck! Yesterday my final word was voguing, which I needed help with.  I don't think I would have just come up with that, though I'm sure it's been in there before.

My 2fer is a little weird.  I came up with phenomenal-lurve.  I figured I'd try it because people sometimes say they lurve something rather than love it, but I guess it's acceptable! I also wondered if we should come up with a term for wraparound solutions.  Like lurve-epiphenomenal-lurve, solutions that can go either way.  A band? A ring? So I did get a solution (or two, I guess), but I'm not crazy about the mate.  Congrats on getting one today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

Would you believe I thought about trying lurve but thought "Nah, not a word." Anyway, 2fer today and lots of b4ss solutions.

ab_grp

Ciao_yall, I can believe it because I tried all dang day with variations of phenomenal and kept seeing those letters and thinking "maybe? nah".  Finally I just tried it.  Argh.  You never know!  Congrats on your 2fer! I got one as well, and it has more normal words than lurve.  I had to try quite a few contenders today, though.  I got so close with so many!

Parasaurolophus

Crawled over the genius line tonight.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius.

argonaut/timely

Happy solving, all!

ETA two-fer!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB-1 today, hoping for QBABM, but am currently stumped.

Yesterday my last words were finito and uncuffed.

Looks like we'll have some LB variety from yesterday's puzzle!  I had mineralogy-yurt.  Both Langue_doc and I have a non-"official" solution, so I wonder what others have come up with.

I found a 2fer today, too.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - GwP for yesterday. Pangram first and quick genius this morning.

LB - gamer-routinely. Close to the schmofficial solution. Lots of b4ss solutions yesterday as well - gremolata-annuity, menially-yogurt, ornamental-liturgy, ruminant-teleology and 3fers coming out of my ears. Haven't started yet this morning.

Yes, ab_grp, in life, as in LB - try anything. Why not?

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to QBABM pretty easily again.  Whee! No tough words in there that I can think of.  Yesterday my final one was fount.

I got trainman-neurology yesterday.  Lots of different solutions and none of them schmofficial so far! I have a pretty good lead on one today so hope it works out.  And I am going to keep trying questionable words for mates this time earlier rather than later.  Congrats on your 2fers, Langue_doc and cathwen!

Happy solving!

ETA: Got a 2fer!

cathwen

Congratulations, ab_grp!  QBQBM for me, too.  I was stuck on the last 7-letter word, but finally got it.  It was a normal word, but it just took me some time to see it.

I also found neurology yesterday, but did not see trainman!  What an interesting collection of 2fers.

ab_grp

Yay! Congrats on your QBABY, cathwen! It took me quite a while to find trainman.  It wouldn't take tinman or martian.  I was glad to finally get some mate accepted because none of my other contenders seemed too viable in terms of letters left over.

Langue_doc

Puzzles are all done, including the tiles. Today's is the only tiles that I like--it was a difficult learning curve, but I finally got it.

Tires have been checked and inflated, tank has been filled. Leaving tomorrow morning, so puzzles and the fora might have to be relegated to the back burner.