News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

I'm at the same, pangram and now at QB-2, I think.  We ended up with team QB yesterday, but I am not sure what I was missing.  I think they were amyl, layman, laymen, lemma.

Got a 2fer this morning, which I almost forgot about!  Congrats on your 2fer yesterday, Langue_doc! I just couldn't figure one out. 

I really hope the winds come move the smoke elsewhere soon, Langue_doc.  I saw that breathing the air is like smoking 5-10 cigarettes? Hope you get your Saturday event rescheduled as well.

And thanks about our unwanted visitors!!!! To say I was not thrilled to hear of the sightings was a gross understatement.  I know some people are all about that stuff, but no thank you.

Husband started a new job today (well, went back to an old job that will hopefully be better for mental and physical health), so things are a bit out of order this morning.  I may need some extra coffee today.

Happy solving!

ETA: Got to QBABM! Woooooo

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB-1 then needed a hint for mettle. Gah. LB joyride-enchant.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Haven't gotten the pangram or to genius yet, but we didn't do puzzle time yet, so I hope to get there shortly.  Yesterday I had QBABM, and I think my final word was yappy.

For LB I had famous-sportily.  Congrats on yours from the other day, ciao_yall!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for baggage, payee and stuck at Amazing today.

LB needed hints for polyamorous-sift, tulips-styrofoam. I had found amorous then tried polyamory, polyamorism, etc then lost the plot. 3fers today.

And I missed Wordle as well.

So my puzzle biorhythms are way off today.

Hope y'all have a better solving day than me!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer!

I still have had no luck with the pangram and can't get past Amazing either. 

Ciao_yall, thank you for mentioning Wordle! I had totally forgotten to do it or to finish the crossword.  We only had 10 mins outside for puzzling this morning, and I never got back to those puzzles.  Sorry you busted on it today.  I got lucky with the starting word that my random word generator provided. 

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB the last couple of days and also twofers.

I seem to have misplaced my house keys so have been rather preoccupied. I think I'll have to ask the landlord to get me a new set, so until then, I'm stuck indoors.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Finally got two pangrams, then to genius, then the third pangram.  Yesterday I could not see the pangram at all.  I think I missed it last time, too! I must have a mental block against it.  I also needed help (again) for jinn(i), and we needed bee buddy for inurn (again).

Yesterday I had endowment-tackler, and I have another 2fer today!

Langue_doc, sorry to hear your keys are on walkabout! I hope you locate them.  And I hope the air is clearing up a bit so when you find them you might be able to go out again! Did you check your door lock? ;-) It would be nice to be able to cast a spell and locate things.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, last word main. I had zero patience yesterday after missing Wordle and went right to the hints for LB so had workload-decrement, endowment-tackler, wonderment-tackle.

Today, things are back in line. Already at Genius, Wordle in 4, and a 2fer.

Baking a birthday cake for a friend who is a really good cook so I'm a little intimidated!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB today. Missed a few words yesterday, but it takes several steps to locate the missing words, so I don't know which ones I missed.

endowment/tackler and compact/thoroughly (two different puzzles)

ab_grp, fortunately, the landlord gave me the key to the front door and also found one of the keys to my two doors. Even more fortunately he was just a state away when I reached him, so all's well. I'm still looking for the lost keys because I also have library cards for two different libraries and a couple of other access keys on that keyring.

Now that I have the keys I can go for a walk. All I did yesterday was to go to Home Depot to get duplicates for the keys--I got extra keys made, and now have to think of a way to hide these so that I'm not locked inside as just happened, or locked out.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got 2 of the pangrams and past genius.  Husband has all 3.  Congrats on getting QBABY, Langue_doc! Yesterday we almost made it to team QB but needed bee buddy for baaed.  The reader clue was worth it, though: "Was it something ewe said?" Hahaha.  I should have checked my list, because I was missing bide(d), which I thought I had.  I was also missing deadbeat, abed.

For LB I got outcrop-pharmacology.  I found the latter first and was determined to make it work.

So glad you were able to get your keys from your landlord and get some duplicates made, Langue_doc! It's hard to figure out what to do with them to keep them safe and available to you.  I hope you are able to find your other keyring to get your other stuff back.  I also hope you enjoy or enjoyed the walk and fresher air.

Ciao_yall, I'm sure your cake turned out wonderfully!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB, last words tibiae, baaed. LB crump-pathology.

Cake was yummy but a bit misshapen. I'm not good at frosting.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Last words were initial and initially.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to QBABM! Whee.  Yesterday we had to use bee buddy for natality.  It took me forever to get attainability.  Right off the bat, I thought attainably, later tintability, neither accepted.  Finally, lightning struck. 

For LB, I finally got cromulent-trophic right before bed after pursuing dead ends. 

Yummy and misshapen is pretty much a good descriptor for all the cakes I make, ciao_yall! My youngest is very artistic and a wonderful froster, but the actual horrors I have created when I have had to do it myself... eek.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Congrats, ab_grp! I too made it to QB and a twofer which I should write down before I forget the words.

Getting my ducks in a row for a couple of outings this weekend and the next, and also for my Northeast non-academic workshop coming up in a month.

ETA: requested an absentee ballot for the upcoming city elections, so I'm feeling quite virtuous--today was the deadline.

ciao_yall

QBwSBB, last word natality. I like having the intermediate steps before going to the hints.

LB was stuck in a 2fer b4ss slog with houri-incomplete, incomplete-euchre before resorting to hints to find incomplete-euphoric.

Genius and 3fers so far this morning.

Happy solving!