Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Biden Administration

Started by mythbuster, November 12, 2020, 12:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahagonny

A rebuke to the vaccine mandate.

https://www.aol.com/news/senate-passes-resolution-repeal-biden-012300933.html

Aren't there other public health issues worth focussing on? Like keeping fentanyl from Mexico to a minimum.
If anyone should be counted on to not give any ammunition to Biden's detractors, it should be the Guardian. But bad news is just bad news.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/08/us-fentanyl-deaths-narcan-roger-crystal

aside

Quote from: mamselle on October 31, 2021, 10:57:47 AM
QuoteI like him!

Eponymously, you'd have to....

M.

<snicker>

Good one!

mamselle

Quote from: aside on December 09, 2021, 08:15:10 AM
Quote from: mamselle on October 31, 2021, 10:57:47 AM
QuoteI like him!

Eponymously, you'd have to....

M.

<snicker>

Good one!

《SMILES  sweetly, bows gracefully, and exits, downstate, falling into the orchestra pit...)

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mahagonny

I would expect people who voted for Joe Biden (I abstained from voting for either candidate) might be a little grumpy at this time.

mahagonny

Wow, this thread surely vanished. But we've got three years to go, so...

President and VEEP's tweets in support of Jussie Smollett are still up, even now that he's been convicted of fraud. There may be a reason to respect someone's leaving up tweets that should embarrass them, if it means they decline the chance to revise history. But I don't think so in Joe's case, since he claimed he drove an eighteen wheeler when he knew it wasn't true, and other whoppers. So he's just, as Newt Gingrich says, seriously lacking in seriousness.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/joe-biden-kamala-harris-tweets-backing-jussie-smollett-remain-up-after-guilty-verdict/ar-AARFrmC

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: mahagonny on December 10, 2021, 03:26:30 AM
Wow, this thread surely vanished. But we've got three years to go, so...

President and VEEP's tweets in support of Jussie Smollett are still up, even now that he's been convicted of fraud. There may be a reason to respect someone's leaving up tweets that should embarrass them, if it means they decline the chance to revise history. But I don't think so in Joe's case, since he claimed he drove an eighteen wheeler when he knew it wasn't true, and other whoppers. So he's just, as Newt Gingrich says, seriously lacking in seriousness.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/joe-biden-kamala-harris-tweets-backing-jussie-smollett-remain-up-after-guilty-verdict/ar-AARFrmC

Sure, they were wrong about Smollett.

But... I don't think they can delete their Tweets at this point. It's illegal. Remember when Trump tried?

I also doubt they remember the incident.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

OTOH, some degree of bipartisan cooperation is creeping in, here and there, while we natter away on other things.

That's definitely down to across-the-aisles Joe.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mahagonny

In my opinion not only wrong about Smollett, but guilty of being duped by someone whose word should be suspect. Namely, a Hollywood type with a claim about racism, bigotry, hate crime and such. Or, if not suspect, let's say when those folks start up on that subject, have your radar out for detecting B.S.

ETA: there's always the chance they figured they could afford to be wrong. When a lot of the people who voted for you believe, for instance, that the police kill  100, 1,000 or more unarmed black men each year, as opposed the real number (something like 10 or 15) and that's what they're angry about, it might be considered more important to keep them excited than to be accurate.

The first couple of times I heard old Joe say he wanted to unite the country I believed him. That seems like a decade ago now.

mahagonny

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 10, 2021, 08:27:25 AM
Sure, they were wrong about Smollett.

But... I don't think they can delete their Tweets at this point. It's illegal. Remember when Trump tried?

I also doubt they remember the incident.

Is this what Biden's voters are saying about him? He doesn't remember...? (Raised eyebrows)

Smollett's jig was up some two years ago. The tweets could have been deleted.
Biden has always been reckless with words. At this stage in his life, all he is capable of is pandering to the mob. (OK I admit this is opinion. Everything else in this post is stuff everybody already knows.)

It will be interesting in 2022 with the midterms. The far left has such a hold on the democrats that in a number of cases anyone who can win the primary will likely have sabotaged their chances in the general election.
Interesting news though. With the last Cuomo out of business, CNN may be seeing changes. New ownership.
Democrats cannot run today while saying that the woke movement has gone too far. It would be political suicide. But it's what Americans believe. And what some of the candidates believe also.
It would be great for the USA and also for the democrats if the Cuomo/Smollet season turned out to be the straw that broke the camel's back.
The right has some lunatics, sure, but the demonized ones like Ingraham and Carlson are now interviewing people (including a lifelong feminist) who've had enough of the men inserting themselves into women's competitive sports, and winning new fans by doing it. Reclaiming the center.
Read and weep.
But before the democratic party can repair, it must first reveal that is has deep problems. And they can't hide the conversation by talking about Trump. The infighting is getting more common by the day.
Pelosi is getting pushed around by Omar, whom she obviously never liked. Will she take it?

mahagonny

Wilfred Reilly on Jussie Smollett's con       https://unherd.com/2021/12/how-jussie-smolletts-hoax-unravelled/

Even Donald Trump reacted to the news with compassion for Smollett. I'm just hearing about it now.

ETA: The last sentence is a dubious signifier of how far America has come for racial equality:

" Expect instead the rich man's sentence: probation or community service."

Sun_Worshiper

Oh man this Jessie Smollett thing is really curtains for the Biden Administration. What a scandal!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on December 11, 2021, 08:19:22 AM
Oh man this Jessie Smollett thing is really curtains for the Biden Administration. What a scandal!

Wait until you hear about Kamala's corded headphones.
I know it's a genus.

Puget

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 11, 2021, 08:51:02 AM

Oh the horror! The VP is aware of possible security risks of Bluetooth. Apparently that makes her "paranoid" but it was perfectly OK for the former guy to talk on a personal iPhone that was almost certainly vulnerable to foreign surveillance.

Not to mention the terrible scandal of her spending her own money on a moderately expensive cooking implement. In a country she was visiting to smooth over relations, where doing some public shopping at a local business selling something the country is proud of would probably be an expected part of that mission. How will the administration ever recover from this horrible event?
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Puget on December 11, 2021, 09:38:25 AM

Oh the horror! The VP is aware of possible security risks of Bluetooth. Apparently that makes her "paranoid" but it was perfectly OK for the former guy to talk on a personal iPhone that was almost certainly vulnerable to foreign surveillance.

Not to mention the terrible scandal of her spending her own money on a moderately expensive cooking implement. In a country she was visiting to smooth over relations, where doing some public shopping at a local business selling something the country is proud of would probably be an expected part of that mission. How will the administration ever recover from this horrible event?

Just to be clear, in case it wasn't: I offered that comment with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Not only is it the smallest of potatoes, but Harris is right to be concerned about BT security.
I know it's a genus.

Puget

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 11, 2021, 10:12:16 AM
Quote from: Puget on December 11, 2021, 09:38:25 AM

Just to be clear, in case it wasn't: I offered that comment with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. Not only is it the smallest of potatoes, but Harris is right to be concerned about BT security.

Yes, it was clear, I was responding in kind. ;-)
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes