Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Happy Halloween Weekend!

Started by Cheerful, October 29, 2021, 02:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheerful

🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

dismalist

Ah! The end of Daylight Saving Time is nigh.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

evil_physics_witchcraft

Anyone planning on entertaining trick-or-treaters?

Parasaurolophus

Happy Halloween!

And who knew we had those pumpkin smilies? Well done!
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Group of pharaohs and pharaohesses in resplendent attire and accessories (all of them adults) outside neighbor's yard.

mahagonny

Time to run The House on Haunted Hill again.

hmaria1609

The kids started trick or treating around 5:30 pm this evening.  Some folks put finishing touches of Halloween decorations to their yards earlier in the day.
I enjoyed "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" on DVD the other night.

I also dug up some vintage Halloween music on YouTube!

Stockmann

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on October 31, 2021, 08:53:01 AM
Anyone planning on entertaining trick-or-treaters?

We actually forgot it was Halloween today and didn't get any treats. This not being the US, we don't get many trick-or-treaters, but I kind of felt bad for the one group we did get. My wife had planned on putting on some Halloween decorations, but as she and Unrelenting Toddler have been sick (nothing serious thankfully, and both are on the mend) we didn't get around to it.
Happy Halloween, everyone!

clean

Yesterday my bride was sure that this would be a bang up weekend for trick or treating with Covid cases diminishing.  We didnt have much candy, so she made a run to Target yesterday and got the last of their candy!  She got pounds of it! 

She was pretty disappointed tonight when we got NOT EVEN ONE visitor . 

So tomorrow I will haul the loot to campus and give some to my face to face class. 

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

evil_physics_witchcraft

We had a about 20 kids last night. SO and I decided to set up the Candy Delivery Tube (google for Covid Halloween tubes). Someone I know had some maps made and they came on these thick cardboard tubes (about 4 inches in diameter), which SO and I zip tied and duct-taped to the porch railing. A glowing jack-o-lantern caught the candy at the bottom. The kids absolutely loved it. I was surprised that they were in awe of a tube. It was like a Jetsons meet the Flintstones episode.

dismalist

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on October 31, 2021, 09:46:34 PM
We had a about 20 kids last night. SO and I decided to set up the Candy Delivery Tube (google for Covid Halloween tubes). Someone I know had some maps made and they came on these thick cardboard tubes (about 4 inches in diameter), which SO and I zip tied and duct-taped to the porch railing. A glowing jack-o-lantern caught the candy at the bottom. The kids absolutely loved it. I was surprised that they were in awe of a tube. It was like a Jetsons meet the Flintstones episode.

You must live in a risk loving red state. They take chances, you know.

Here in Fairfax County, I've had zero little buggers begging for low class sweets. Surely on account of Covid. Mommies won't let their little buggers out. Of course, I did douse all the lights.

Now, if Daylight Saving time had ended weeks ago -- the last extension was undertaken so the little buggers could beg in daylight -- everyone would have been better off.

There, I feel so much better! :-)
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

mahagonny

We had one trick or treater. Well, I got home late from an appointment. Now I'll give the candy to students. If I don't I'll eat myself. I don't need the calories.