News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Happy Veteran's Day (Thank you for protecting our freedoms)

Started by clean, November 11, 2021, 01:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

I wanted to say Thank You to all of those that have served.  I appreciate that you spent part of your life devoted toward the betterment and protection of our country. 

THANKS! 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

mamselle

I noticed all the English commentators on a program I was watching had their small red lapel poppies, as did every royal in view.

I sometimes ponder all my dad went through in WWII--he wouldn't talk about it, much, but the brief glimpses were harrowing.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mahagonny

Thanks to all who've served and sacrificed in the military so that our living, growing shrine to white racism, xenophobia and patriarchal oppression could be preserved.

apl68

Quote from: mamselle on November 11, 2021, 01:21:51 PM
I noticed all the English commentators on a program I was watching had their small red lapel poppies, as did every royal in view.

I sometimes ponder all my dad went through in WWII--he wouldn't talk about it, much, but the brief glimpses were harrowing.

M.

The same with regard to my brother's service in Iraq and Afghanistan.  He wasn't technically a combat soldier, but everybody there was still in harm's way, and he did have several harrowing experiences. 
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.