News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

General Flynn speaks

Started by jimbogumbo, November 14, 2021, 05:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbogumbo

Parasaurolophus

So... what 2024-8 position is he (re-) auditioning for?
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

This is the kind of talk that lost the GOP the House, Senate, and WH

mahagonny

Democrats agree with Flynn, but they think the official region should be Woke-a-tarianism.

Sun_Worshiper

Quick, change the subject to democrats! Maybe throw in an incoherent word salad about CRT!

ciao_yall

Aster

I often wonder if these people actually believe anything of what they are saying, or they are just opportunists whose market trade is in the selling of alarmist propaganda.

Puget

Quote from: Aster on November 14, 2021, 01:34:39 PM
I often wonder if these people actually believe anything of what they are saying, or they are just opportunists whose market trade is in the selling of alarmist propaganda.

It doesn't matter if he believes it (and I have no reason to doubt he does)-- some of his listeners will believe it, and some of them will act on it. This is scary stuff.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

mamselle

If you scare 'em, you own 'em.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mahagonny

Quote from: Puget on November 14, 2021, 01:48:04 PM
Quote from: Aster on November 14, 2021, 01:34:39 PM

It doesn't matter if he believes it (and I have no reason to doubt he does)-- some of his listeners will believe it, and some of them will act on it. This is scary stuff.

Here is what Gen. Flynn should have said instead:

https://www.newsweek.com/america-built-great-culture-progressives-want-abandon-it-opinion-1649089

Sun_Worshiper

Flynn makes his living spreading conspiracy theories for idiots. Not sure why the media is giving him any attention at all.

Anselm

Well, that would help reduce internal conflicts but this is the first time I have seen a well known person actually advocate it, most likely since there is no way this can or will happen.  The only feasible way to accomplish this would be to adopt the Jedi religion as the national one while we privately maintain our own personal faith system.
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

ciao_yall

Quote from: Anselm on November 15, 2021, 07:51:35 AM
Well, that would help reduce internal conflicts but this is the first time I have seen a well known person actually advocate it, most likely since there is no way this can or will happen.  The only feasible way to accomplish this would be to adopt the Jedi religion as the national one while we privately maintain our own personal faith system.

Kind of the opposite. Catholics and Anglicans. Catholics and Martin Luther. Sunnis and Shiites. Baptists and Methodists. Orthodox and Conservative.

mahagonny

Quote from: Anselm on November 15, 2021, 07:51:35 AM

In a Trojan horse. The religion comes to be enforced by governments by calling it something else.

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2019/how-to-fix-politics-in-america/inequality/pass-an-anti-racist-constitutional-amendment/

waterboy

I would urge everyone to listen to an old recording by Tom Lehrer called "National Brotherhood Week".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIlJ8ZCs4jY
"I know you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that what you heard was not what I meant."