News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Board Update

Started by eigen, November 16, 2021, 03:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eigen

Hey all! I'm going to do a board update, as it's acting a bit strange lately. Should be a smooth process, but remember our backup reddit location if anything goes wrong.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

eigen

Update: Board has been updated to 2.0.18. Should be no major changes, but some bug/stability fixes.
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

Langue_doc

mamselle

Yes, there were a couple days when it did slightly goofy things, as I reported, thanks for the tune-up!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Hibush

Thanks for keeping this site humming along!

Puget

"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

Liquidambar

Thanks, eigen.  You rock!
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. ~ Dirk Gently

ciao_yall

Where is the reddit thread? (Like I need another online playground...)

Harlow2

Adding my thanks, Eigen. Didn't know we had a Reddit

eigen

The backup location is stickied in this board, but also: https://www.reddit.com/r/thefora/

So if you ever have issues here / things are down, we have our own sub and you can get in touch with me there. People have also used it if they're getting stuck in spam filters during registration.

You can also always use the r/professors sub, I think I'm the only currently active mod there.

downer

So we have a favicon now? That's new, right?

I like it.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

Mobius

Any hint of access to the old CHE fora or is that a lost cause?