Main Menu

Welcome Aboard!

Started by eigen, May 16, 2019, 02:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishProf

Quote from: mouseman on June 30, 2019, 01:49:37 AM
before emptying the infinity pool

That's gonna take awhile.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Thursday's_Child

I just wanted to tell you all that I finished cleaning out the Clubhouse. I made sure to set the immoral porpoises free, before emptying the infinity pool. The Donkey and the HE are staying at my place for now, but I don't like how the MouseCat is looking at the HE.

Thank you!

(psst - did you get everything from ALL of the rooms underneath?  In particular, those reached through the trapdoor that's behind the bar?  I'll go double-check, so don't worry if you're busy.)

bioteacher

I just wanted to tell you all that I finished cleaning out the Clubhouse. I made sure to set the immoral porpoises free, before emptying the infinity pool. The Donkey and the HE are staying at my place for now, but I don't like how the MouseCat is looking at the HE.

We need to get them moved into their new digs, pronto. Thanks for helping them make the move! Are the porpoises immortal or immoral? If the latter, exactly what are they doing? (Do I even want to know?) :-)

rainbow

Hi :waves:

I wasn't a frequent poster at the CHE forum but often used it as a resource. Moved over here with y'all because of that and, well, FOMO. Here's my first post in order to move me from probationary status to member.

Parasaurolophus

Welcome, everyone!

I'm happy to report that so far, the new fora seems much more active than the old.
I know it's a genus.

fast_and_bulbous

It's funny; when you look at the old forum you see:

Most Online Ever: 2593 (September 16, 2012, 12:21:09 pm)

Heady times, no doubt. But this place seems pretty healthy. I really don't see it as anything but a shiny new updated version of the old place. Which it really is!
I wake up every morning with a healthy dose of analog delay

hungry_ghost

I would like to recommend that caring for the HE could be pollinate's prize:
Quote from: ex_mo on July 01, 2019, 11:53:34 AM
pollinate! with the last registered post at the old CHE fora. Today (July 1, 2019) at 11:30:40 AM EDT.

https://www.chronicle.com/forums/index.php/topic,264621.msg3647469.html#msg3647469

mouseman

Has anybody joined who wasn't a member on the Old Fora? I hope that people start finding this forum, the way we all found the old one.
"Just the place for a Snark!" the Bellman cried,
   As he landed his crew with care;
Supporting each man on the top of the tide
   By a finger entwined in his hair.

Lewis Carroll

polly_mer

We've had people who joined the old fora to ask their first question and then migrated here upon being told the discussion was better had here.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

octoprof

Quote from: mouseman on July 01, 2019, 10:19:19 PM
Has anybody joined who wasn't a member on the Old Fora? I hope that people start finding this forum, the way we all found the old one.

Given the number of posts over there mentioning over here, surely they will come.
Welcome your cephalopod overlord.

mouseman

Here is a scary thought. In another 4 years or so, a new poster may register, needing advice about graduate school, and it would be the Mouselet...

Lewis Carroll

aside

I've had similar thoughts, as my daughter and her husband are both employed in higher education.  Are they here?  Who knows?

mouseman

Luckily, all of the embarrassing things we wrote about them are on the old Fora...

Lewis Carroll

monarda

Hi everyone! Just making my way over here. Thanks to the transition team for the nice and easy process!

octoprof

Quote from: mouseman on July 02, 2019, 08:01:54 PM
Here is a scary thought. In another 4 years or so, a new poster may register, needing advice about graduate school, and it would be the Mouselet...

That's not scary, it's exciting!
Welcome your cephalopod overlord.