News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Wondering about old forumites

Started by bacardiandlime, November 03, 2022, 11:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bacardiandlime

I still think regularly of old users on the CHE fora, and wonder what happened to them. I knew who some were in real life, and still am in touch. But others I don't think I ever knew their real identities, and I do hope they are doing well.

I think of people like sikora and farm_boy and some others, for whom the fora seemed a real lifeline.

And some other users who were just endlessly funny and entertaining.

mamselle

Wegie--and six others from the Paris 2009 (?or 2010) meetup (one's still here); a couple others overseas--we stay i once-a-year contact--three more who are now almost totally off-forum, but in touch,  and then so many others who didn't stay even after making it over the Pikes' Peak of new registration, then dropped away.

Octo, and several of her calibre, especially.

One might go through the alpha listing of members under the heading menu and reap more names, as well, I imagine.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

euro_trash

Sycamore and the heartwrenching account of the ghost bike
spork in 2014: "It's a woe-is-me echo chamber."

niceday in 2011: "Euro_trash is blinded by his love for Endnote"

I'm kind of a hippy, love nature and my kids, and am still a believer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3n4BPPaaoKc

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

clean

I miss Octo too.

There are many that I enjoyed reading.

I hope that we do take a but of time to email the current participants and let them know that they have made a difference to you, or that you have enjoyed reading about their lives.  You may make a real world friend and get their actual email address to keep in touch should other things happen that you want to do outside the forum, or just in case there is some other failure that makes you think or wonder about them in the future. 

Enjoy people while you can, because there will come a time when you can not.
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

nebo113

I, too, was wondering about sikora  recently.