News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Voting Day in the United States

Started by arcturus, November 08, 2022, 04:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahagonny

Former President Trump understands the same things about the sickness that is today's democratic party as I do. But it's always a calculated risk of course, who gets selected to face the opposition.

Sun_Worshiper

Dems hold the Senate. They'll pick up a seat if they win the Georgia runoff.

House looks like it will go to Rs by a hair, but some possibility Dems hold on.

Only interesting Gov race at this point is Lake vs. Hobbs in AZ. I think you'd rather be in Hobbs' position than Lake's, but there are a lot of ballots left to count and none of the networks are going to call it any time soon.

Anon1787

Quote from: jimbogumbo on November 12, 2022, 04:31:18 PM
Quote from: Wahoo Redux on November 12, 2022, 04:23:13 PM
Conservatives simply cannot look at their own candidates.

McConnell clearly did.

Yes, he did, and he was not very pleased (and rightfully so) with the senate candidates that the Trumpists (with some help from Democrats) saddled the party with. And it's wrong to conflate conservatives with Trumpists. E.g., Gov. Kemp is a conservative and easily beat election denier Stacey Abrams, who garnered the support of fellow election denier Trump.

mahagonny

Quote from: Anon1787 on November 12, 2022, 07:24:07 PM
Quote from: jimbogumbo on November 12, 2022, 04:31:18 PM
Quote from: Wahoo Redux on November 12, 2022, 04:23:13 PM
Conservatives simply cannot look at their own candidates.

McConnell clearly did.

Yes, he did, and he was not very pleased (and rightfully so) with the senate candidates that the Trumpists (with some help from Democrats) saddled the party with. And it's wrong to conflate conservatives with Trumpists. E.g., Gov. Kemp is a conservative and easily beat election denier Stacey Abrams, who garnered the support of fellow election denier Trump.

You're wasting your time here, Anon. The democrats on the forum will never that admit that Abrams, Clinton and Pelosi are election deniers, despite the evidence staring them in the face. You can't have honest discussion with dishonest partners.

Wahoo Redux

And it's wrong to conflate conservatives with Trumpists.

Weeeeeeeeellllll...no.

Trump is clearly a hard right phenomenon.  As I've posted many times, the GOP of today is not the GOP of my parents' generation and certainly not a conservative of the Reagan era.  Compared to Trump, Nixon was a Cub Scout, and the GOP did the legal, honorable thing in regards to #37.

Nevertheless, Trump has had the stalwart support of the GOP since he emerged from the swamp.

It is fair to say that not all conservatives are Trumpists, but there are enough conservatives who will not disavow Trump even if he shoots someone in the middle of the street that the conservatives belong to him.  It is the GOP which is threatening the democratic process.  And the more rational conservatives have done very little to distance themselves from our near-miss tin plated dictator.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

mahagonny

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on November 12, 2022, 07:38:40 PM

Weeeeeeeeellllll...no.

Trump is clearly a hard right phenomenon.  As I've posted many times, the GOP of today is not the GOP of my parents' generation and certainly not a conservative of the Reagan era.  Compared to Trump, Nixon was a Cub Scout, and the GOP did the legal, honorable thing in regards to #37.

Nevertheless, Trump has had the stalwart support of the GOP since he emerged from the swamp.

It is fair to say that not all conservatives are Trumpists, but there are enough conservatives who will not disavow Trump even if he shoots someone in the middle of the street that the conservatives belong to him.  It is the GOP which is threatening the democratic process.  And the more rational conservatives have done very little to distance themselves from our near-miss tin plated dictator.

The alternative being...girls with penises in your locker room. Think about it, genius.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: mahagonny on November 12, 2022, 07:41:50 PM

Weeeeeeeeellllll...no.

The alternative being...girls with penises in your locker room. Think about it, genius.

Oh mahag.  Get help.

mahagonny

I'm thinking of your children. Someone should.

Wahoo Redux

We have no children.

And anyway, the vast majority of offenders are straight men.  I do not pay attention to other penises in the locker-room and any penis is welcome there as far as I'm concerned-----although what any of that has to do with the discussion at hand I have no idea...except that you lapse into hysterical bigotry when you get angry.

You know, mahag, I've actually got a friend who transitioned.  It has been a while since we have spoken, and perhaps I should send hu a message on Facebook.

mamselle

Despite this thread's title, I somehow suspect that no-one currently posting to it will care that the Dems now have a 50(51) hold on the Senate.

Just an observation...

M
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Anon1787

Weeeeeeeeellllll...no.

Conservatives are not the GOP (which is a political party with various factions) nor are they Trumpists (who are populist-nationalists).

Political parties exist to win elections. Now that the GOP has performed poorly in three consecutive elections with Trump as the leader of the party, we will see if someone like DeSantis is willing and able to displace Trump.

ergative

Quote from: mamselle on November 12, 2022, 09:37:18 PM
Despite this thread's title, I somehow suspect that no-one currently posting to it will care that the Dems now have a 50(51) hold on the Senate.

Just an observation...

M

Better change that: I'm thrilled! Terrific news to wake up to this morning. I actually clicked over here to see if anyone else was happy.

Kron3007

Quote from: mahagonny on November 12, 2022, 08:25:37 PM
I'm thinking of your children. Someone should.

Why is it always Republican politicians caught in gay sex scandals?  Maybe repressing gay tendencies actually backfires?  It is often the most ardent homophobes that get caught in the men's room with their pants down....

Just embrace your inner woman Mahag!   From your posts, it is clear you are obsessed.

mamselle

Quote from: ergative on November 13, 2022, 01:55:41 AM
Quote from: mamselle on November 12, 2022, 09:37:18 PM

Just an observation...

M

Better change that: I'm thrilled! Terrific news to wake up to this morning. I actually clicked over here to see if anyone else was happy.

As Liz Cheney said, "Maybe now we can get back to "Team Normal..."

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mahagonny

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on November 12, 2022, 09:15:42 PM

And anyway, the vast majority of offenders are straight men.

That's why girl's locker rooms had traditionally been off limits to them, and it mostly worked, and generally works, but only when it's tried. My point.

QuoteWe have no children.

We do. We protect them too. When necessary, from certain contemporary 'social justice' types.

QuoteJust embrace your inner woman Mahag!   From your posts, it is clear you are obsessed.

Obsessed about my rights, yes, from time to time. You are welcome to be obsessed with may obsession.
More of an explanation: I maintain that blanket endorsement of progressive (as in 'desiring that society self-consciously and overtly cultivate change, perpetually') agenda as disseminated from academic DEI departments can be resisted by those who are inclined to by their religion and honest beliefs.
And yes, the democrats and their cancel culture are the people one has to be prepared to confront/oppose in order to claim that right, which they do not have the right to take. And I fully expect them to play dumb, pretend they are innocent bystanders, etc.
Your inner male left the toilet seat up again, Kron.

QuoteYou know, mahag, I've actually got a friend who transitioned.  It has been a while since we have spoken, and perhaps I should send hu a message on Facebook.

I know two that I see on a regular basis. and then there's me. Whatever stage of transition one is at, or from what to what, is apparently a considered a matter of almost limitless possibilities. But I suspect not everyone believes.
I have managed to stay out of the female person locker rooms.