Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Voting Day in the United States

Started by arcturus, November 08, 2022, 04:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahagonny

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on November 13, 2022, 07:58:37 PM
Quote from: Anon1787 on November 13, 2022, 05:47:43 PM
what will they do when they don't have Trump to kick around anymore?

Quote from: mahagonny on November 13, 2022, 07:32:25 PM
I would think it's time to get busy with some ideas.

First let's get the toxic stench of MAGA out of the air and then we can get to work, all of us who are sane.

Now that Trump is officially a threat to democracy can't they just assassinate him?

QuoteYou were the one in your statement who said that you believed you knew what his intentions were.

Well, since he got more black vote in 2016 than his republican predecessors did, and more in 2020 than he did in 2016, I wouldn't suspect he had any intention not to.

But you don't name any racist policy decisions during his term, so you are just slinging mud. LBJ, the darling of the left & Civil Rights was known to use the 'n-word' and make belittling comments about blacks in  his earlier career. 'Shithole country' is something he would have said.
Since there were no racist policy decisions from Trump, the people who voted for him 'because he was racist' should have been mightily disappointed. But they love him more than ever. Something doesn't fit the narrative.
ETA: Telling a person of color 'if you're not sure if you're for me or for Trump, you ain't black' is racist. It suggests that someone is not competent to speak for his own interests.

arcturus

It is never appropriate to threaten violence. Please remove the part of your post that suggests that it is appropriate to kill someone.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: mahagonny on November 14, 2022, 03:35:13 AM
Now that Trump is officially a threat to democracy can't they just ************?

Trump is neutered.  He is no longer a threat.

And we're the not the ones threatening civil war, my friend, nor are we the ones who resort to provable lies about election results and violent sedition when we lose a valid election.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

mahagonny

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on November 14, 2022, 05:43:16 AM
Quote from: mahagonny on November 14, 2022, 03:35:13 AM
Now that Trump is officially a threat to democracy can't they just ************?

Trump is neutered.  He is no longer a threat.

And we're the not the ones threatening civil war, my friend, nor are we the ones who resort to provable lies about election results and violent sedition when we lose a valid election.

OK....how about if they run Kari Lake? I don't have a crystal ball, but I think the democrats will rely on the horror of the 'MAGA' threat to democracy. Especially when it just worked so well.

Quote from: arcturus on November 14, 2022, 05:41:22 AM
It is never appropriate to threaten violence. Please remove the part of your post that suggests that it is appropriate to kill someone.

Three words: Osama bin laden
I recall Trump saying the press is the enemy of the people. It shocked me a bit at first. Less now. I don't recall him saying the democrats are a threat to democracy. That's even stronger. I recall a lot of bluster. Things like 'lock her up.' But not acted on. sure, I've forgotten a few things from the four years.
It seems to be terribly difficult for democrats to admit that Biden is a very intemperate speaker.

Wahoo Redux

I think Lake should take an ivermectin suppository and run. 

mahagonny

QuoteTrump is neutered.  He is no longer a threat.

Taking the subject 'talking to the public about elections truthfully to the best of one's knowledge' (which ought to be a duty covered by the oath of office, my hunch) I seem to recall Biden declaring the 2020 election was the most meticulously run presidential election in history, or such. I don't know for a fact that that's false, but I strongly suspect it is. I also doubt very much he believes it, but instead calculates he can  get away with saying it because his party dominates media, government, wokademia, late night 'comedy' (political left spite, for the most part) TV,  teachers' unions, damn near everything, as Marco Rubio puts it.
The dems want it to be acceptable for Abrams to talk about voter suppression but talking about ballot harvesting is travesty.
There were more votes for republicans in the midterms than for the democrats. I would be absolutely amazed if the public's trust in the democrats has not fallen in the last several years.

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on November 14, 2022, 06:12:21 AM
I think Lake should take an ivermectin suppository and run. 

You're jealous cause she won't date you.

Wahoo Redux

Who said she won't date me?

B'sides, I'm a married man.  My days of dating loonies are long behind me.

mahagonny

^   +  1!!

And no kids? I envy you in a way, although I've (we've) been happy to be a parent. Life is full of so many opportunities! Why not adopt a couple undocumented immigrants?

secundem_artem

1.  Apparently to the Democrats "victory" means not getting decimated by the opposition.

2.  DeSantis is Trump with a functioning brain.  I suspect he will either get the nomination or seriously hobble Trump during the primaries.  Might even see a MAGA party rear its tin foil hat wearing head.

3.  Mahag - you are needed over on the job search and interview board where the woke-ists are deep into a discussion of diversity statements.  Go non-binary person - do your thing.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: mahagonny on November 14, 2022, 12:05:39 PM
^   +  1!!

And no kids? I envy you in a way, although I've (we've) been happy to be a parent. Life is full of so many opportunities! Why not adopt a couple undocumented immigrants?

See, and later you will get your knickers all twisted because normal people *mistake* conservatives for racists and then wonder why "liberals" always bring up race.  (Unless you are referring to undocumented immigrants from Sweden?)

I really, really, really, really hope you are not passing this on to your kids.

Quote from: secundem_artem on November 14, 2022, 12:20:28 PM
1.  Apparently to the Democrats "victory" means not getting decimated by the opposition.

Under the circumstances, yes.

mahagonny

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on November 14, 2022, 02:12:26 PM
Quote from: mahagonny on November 14, 2022, 12:05:39 PM
^   +  1!!

See, and later you will get your knickers all twisted because normal people *mistake* conservatives for racists and then wonder why "liberals" always bring up race.  (Unless you are referring to undocumented immigrants from Sweden?)

Let someone else pay for/ take care of the immigrants so you can signal your virtue by voting the for blues. True to form. This from the people who complain that 'republicans care about the fetus right up until the day she is born, then no more.'

kaysixteen

I do not usually do this, have never actually done it on these fora or their predecessors, but my vote would be to resuspend, long-term, mahagonny, whose behavior is increasingly, ahem, problematic and who monopolizes every thread he is on with his often delusional conspiracy thinking and assorted bilge.   He needs to get his mental health under control...

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: mahagonny on November 14, 2022, 06:55:56 PM
This from the people who complain that 'republicans care about the fetus right up until the day she is born, then no more.'

Pivot!!  Pivot!!  Refuse to look yourself in the face.

And that's kind'a true too.  Virtue signal by taking women's rights away.

The truth hurts, don't it?

Think Lake will date me now?

Get help, buddy.

mamselle

Quote from: kaysixteen on November 14, 2022, 07:27:11 PM
I do not usually do this, have never actually done it on these fora or their predecessors, but my vote would be to resuspend, long-term, mahagonny, whose behavior is increasingly, ahem, problematic and who monopolizes every thread he is on with his often delusional conspiracy thinking and assorted bilge.   He needs to get his mental health under control...

+1

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mahagonny

Quote from: mamselle on November 14, 2022, 10:10:05 PM
Quote from: kaysixteen on November 14, 2022, 07:27:11 PM

+1

M.

+1      I feel something like the way writing prof did when he announced he was leaving. I have placed myself smack dab in the middle of the social activist and progressive culture of today that nauseates me, and more vividly expressed. And I could be using my time better. Well, maybe it's the steroids talking. But not entirely.
In addition, it's occurred to me that some of you here have the same views as some of my colleagues who are good friends. And this experience might run the risk of influencing me to look upon them differently, and not in a way I would want. And in those real life relationships we are more cautious, and that's a good thing. I have mixed feelings about what the pseudonymous online chat culture offers. Always have. And, rhetorically, I am typically outmatched here, having much less education than most of you. That doesn't help.
Well there's always this...https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hwqn9

Que sera sera!