Main Menu

Share your unpopular opinions

Started by Sun_Worshiper, September 25, 2023, 09:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sun_Worshiper

Here are a few of my opinions, that I think few share:
  • This is Us is unbearably cheesy
  • Thanos wasn't entirely wrong
  • The first three Star Wars movies are overrated and aren't much better than the newer ones
  • Kid A is not a very good album, but the hipsters of that era insisted it was great and everyone else just went along with it
  • The Oscars get it right most of the time

Add yours!

apl68

The Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings movies were well done and entertaining and all, but as a Tolkien adaptation they weren't really that great.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Liquidambar

Hitchhiker's Guide is dumb and not that funny.  Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency is by far Douglas Adams' best work.

apl68, I agree about the LotR movies.
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. ~ Dirk Gently

marshwiggle

New covers of old songs in a different style are almost always a travesty.

Mashups are generally even worse.
It takes so little to be above average.

waterboy

I haven't heard a good song since the 1980's.  Yeah, I know...get off my lawn.
"I know you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that what you heard was not what I meant."

EdnaMode

Taylor Swift is massively overrated.

I don't understand the obsession with The Rocky Horror Picture Show, it's vaguely funny at best.

I prefer winter weather, cold, and snow to summer because I despise heat and humidity, I can't breathe in it, and it makes my hair frizzy.

There's nothing wrong with owning a muscle car with an automatic transmission, also nothing wrong with owning a restomod.

Ketchup is nasty, tomatoes should not be sweet in any form. Salty? Yes. Sweet? No. Just no.
I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: EdnaMode on September 26, 2023, 09:20:17 AMKetchup is nasty, tomatoes should not be sweet in any form. Salty? Yes. Sweet? No. Just no.

I'm with you on this one.

I'll add that mayo is disgusting.

Juvenal

But what will hash-browns DO?  Is grease enough?
Cranky septuagenarian

marshwiggle

Quote from: EdnaMode on September 26, 2023, 09:20:17 AMTaylor Swift is massively overrated.

I don't understand the obsession with The Rocky Horror Picture Show, it's vaguely funny at best.

It's the transgressiveness of it that makes it popular. If it were made today, when its themes would be much less extreme, it would probably just disappear.
It takes so little to be above average.

apl68

Quote from: EdnaMode on September 26, 2023, 09:20:17 AMTaylor Swift is massively overrated.

<Thankful for EdnaMode's sake that this is an anonymous forum>
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: apl68 on September 26, 2023, 12:49:41 PM

If the swifties get wind of EdnaMode's post they might take down the entire forum

apl68

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on September 26, 2023, 02:06:07 PM
Quote from: apl68 on September 26, 2023, 12:49:41 PM

If the swifties get wind of EdnaMode's post they might take down the entire forum

That actually occurred to me as well.

MarathonRunner

Coffee is vile. I have no idea how people consume something so incredibly bitter.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: apl68 on September 26, 2023, 07:24:06 AMThe Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings movies were well done and entertaining and all, but as a Tolkien adaptation they weren't really that great.

A-effing-men, man!!!  Sing it!
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Wahoo Redux

Duran Duran is the worst band of all time.

Jane Austin is boring.

Leonardo DiCaprio is a terrible actor.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.