News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Share your unpopular opinions

Started by Sun_Worshiper, September 25, 2023, 09:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishbrains

Quote from: mythbuster on September 27, 2023, 12:58:08 PMThere really are stupid questions.

"Remember, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people." ~ Mr. Garrison from South Park

(although I've heard this quote attributed to Einstein as well)
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

apl68

I think the Midwest is a great place to go on vacation.  It has a number of overlooked gems to visit.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 27, 2023, 10:18:21 PM
Quote from: Wahoo Redux on September 27, 2023, 09:17:56 PMActually, now that I think about it, Bon Jovi is the worst band of all time. 

Since a significant chunk of Christian rock is composed of Bon Jovi clones, I'm not sure how that can possibly be true.

There is irony upon irony there.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

ab_grp

Dogs are gross and often not nearly as well behaved and friendly as their owners proclaim.  Cats are everything good.  There is no comparison.

People who follow Dead and Company or Phish around and go to hundreds of their shows need to get a better hobby, get their hearing checked, and get off the drugs.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: secundem_artem on September 27, 2023, 10:02:53 AMThere is no difference between "good" Mexican food and "bad" Mexican food.

Rap/Hip Hop is only bad poetry spoken rapidly.

Quote from: ab_grp on September 28, 2023, 09:54:21 AMDogs are gross and often not nearly as well behaved and friendly as their owners proclaim.  Cats are everything good.  There is no comparison.

Smh @ you two

(I will concede that dogs are gross, but they are also wonderful)

ciao_yall

Not a dog person.
Cats are okay.
I like not having any pets.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on September 28, 2023, 09:36:58 AM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on September 27, 2023, 10:18:21 PM
Quote from: Wahoo Redux on September 27, 2023, 09:17:56 PMActually, now that I think about it, Bon Jovi is the worst band of all time. 

Since a significant chunk of Christian rock is composed of Bon Jovi clones, I'm not sure how that can possibly be true.

There is irony upon irony there.

Or a ride on a mystery train...
I know it's a genus.

marshwiggle

Quote from: ciao_yall on September 28, 2023, 09:48:13 PMNot a dog person.
Cats are okay.
I like not having any pets.

I agree. After getting my kids out of diapers, I have no interest in having to basically voluntarily resume that for creatures that will need it their entire lives. Litter boxes or poop baggies, it's all the same thing.
It takes so little to be above average.

bio-nonymous

In general, I like dogs more than people. ;)

The new short shorts male young people are wearing are not OK. The Eighty's called and they want their Daisy Dukes back...

Burger flippers making as much money as EMTs is not acceptable.

Wearing yoga pants and crop tops is not dressing professionally.

Kron3007

Quote from: bio-nonymous on September 29, 2023, 10:20:57 AMIn general, I like dogs more than people. ;)

The new short shorts male young people are wearing are not OK. The Eighty's called and they want their Daisy Dukes back...

Burger flippers making as much money as EMTs is not acceptable.

Wearing yoga pants and crop tops is not dressing professionally.

I have seen dudes in belly shirts and mullets again, the 80's are definitely back...

apl68

I'm not sure how cats have a reputation in some circles as "cleaner" than dogs when they're essentially walking balls of allergens.  And I've known them to stink up a house worse than a dog can.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Kron3007

Quote from: apl68 on September 29, 2023, 12:41:02 PMI'm not sure how cats have a reputation in some circles as "cleaner" than dogs when they're essentially walking balls of allergens.  And I've known them to stink up a house worse than a dog can.

Allergens do not equate to dirty.

My last dog literally ate poo and rolled in rotten animal carcasses.  I have never seen a cat do either...

apl68

Quote from: Kron3007 on September 29, 2023, 02:15:27 PM
Quote from: apl68 on September 29, 2023, 12:41:02 PMI'm not sure how cats have a reputation in some circles as "cleaner" than dogs when they're essentially walking balls of allergens.  And I've known them to stink up a house worse than a dog can.

Allergens do not equate to dirty.

My last dog literally ate poo and rolled in rotten animal carcasses.  I have never seen a cat do either...

Actually...I have.  Although it was a long time ago.

Sun_Worshiper

Cats poop in the house. Dogs, wonderful creatures that they are, politely request access to the back yard.

Kron3007

We have a cat and a dog. 

We offer our dog fresh water, yet he prefers the toilet.  Our kids often don't flush, he likes that even more.  This one doesn't eat poo, or at least not regularly, but will roll in rotten animals if given the chance.  He doesn't really groom and we have to bathe him as he starts to smell pretty quickly.  He drops bombs all over his part of the yard with absolutely no effort to keep it contained.

Our cat spends most of her time grooming.   She doesn't use soap, but probably would if possible.  She mostly relieves herself outside and discretely buries her waste (unfortunately often in my garden!), but uses a litter box inside if necessary.  We have never bathed her, but she doesn't stink at all.

Cats are clearly cleaner animals. They are somewhat evil and dogs have their charm, but I don't know how anyone could question that they have better hygiene than dogs.