News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Halloween 2023!

Started by clean, October 21, 2023, 06:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

Tis the Season.  Halloween is on the horizon! 
I saw plenty of expensive candy in the store today when I made a visit.  I didnt get any.  It is too early.  First, it is not on my current diet, and I dont need the temptation.
Second, IF I bought the temptation today, then I would have to buy more to replace the candy that I could not resist.

Are you going to buy any?
What will you buy?  (will you buy YOUR favorite and hope no one shows up?, or something you hate to reduce (though not remove) the temptation?)
Will you dress up or prep the house? 

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

AJ_Katz

Evil candy...  it always gets the best of me.  We don't often participate in giving out candy for Halloween at our house.  I think if we were to do it, I'd try to find something with more natural ingredients, like trail mix bags or all fruit bars. 

hmaria1609

I bought 2 bags of M&Ms Milk Chocolate Ghoul Mix and Brach's Autumn Mix Candy to snack on at library.

dismalist

Halloween should be moved to July so that the little buggers could go trick-or-treating in the light even without Daylight Saving Time!

November 5th is my religious holiday. I'll have cognac, not candy. :-)
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

clean

This season's big day has passed.

I was in Walmart yesterday afternoon, and they were in the process of moving the halloween candy to the front of the store, in a row, and I picked up some caramels. 

In my journey through the store I got to see the actual transition!   They were just taking the last of the Halloween candy out of the 'special aisle' and at the other end they were stocking Christmas Candy!   It is so rare to see 'the seasons change' in real time! 

Did you get any trick or treaters?  We had one, just at dusk. He was probably just above the trick or treat age, but maybe under the wire.  He was not from my neighborhood from what I could tell. 

SO the candy (which we were given by my inlaws as they knew that they would not need all that they had) has officially changed ownership.  I would be happy to remove the temptation and send it back to them! 

What will become of your surplus candy?
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

dismalist

I battened down the hatches yesterday, but the buggers came anyway -- alas, after dark! I gave nothing. Zilch.

For this, Daylight Saving Time was moved to the Sunday after.

Had the holiday been pulled forward to July, so as not further aggravate the timing situation, I would even have rewarded the buggers with high-fructose corn syrup candy.

Yuch!

[Four days to time-keeping Nirvana!]
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli