News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

exterminator

Started by kaysixteen, October 30, 2023, 04:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaysixteen

Landlord is bringing in an exterminator tomorrow to spray for roaches-- we do have an infestation now, in this large, multi-story, 1960s-built building, and this does need to be done.   They have given me, from the exterminator, a preparations sheet.   Anything else I should know?

Wahoo Redux

I was in a dorm that had that done.  It's probably all on the sheet.

Clean out under your sinks for them, bottles, cans and whatnot.

Make sure you wash any fruit or any other food items that are exposed after they are done.

Make sure they can access closets and behind stuff.

Sorry, that sounds awful. 
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Wahoo Redux

D'oh!  Sorry.

Double post.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

kaysixteen

Well they showed up and defenestrated me right on schedule, 9am sharp.   I just got back, just before midnight, and they clearly did something-- all the cabinets in the kitchen were open, drawers, etc.   I do not know what they did in the closet.  There is no appreciable odor.   I have seen some small bugs, much smaller than roaches, as I see regularly long before the roaches-- perhaps they are not susceptible to the same chemicals used for the roaches.  It seems painless enough, but I am wondering how long it will take to see whether it works.  Now I have to enjoy putting all the stuff back.

That said, this is a 6-story bldg, with over 100 apts as well as various other stuff on the first floor.  I am wondering why they did not spray *all* apts, and, of course, I am also wondering what steps are being taken to prevent roaches actually entering the bldg in the first place...