News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Thanksgiving 2023

Started by Langue_doc, November 09, 2023, 06:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apl68

Thanksgiving was great!  My brother and I were both at Mom and Dad's house.  Next day, Mom, brother, and I headed down to Louisiana to see two of brother's daughters and a two-year-old granddaughter whom none of us had yet had a chance to see.  We stayed there with them through Saturday, and headed back to Mom and Dad's house Sunday.  The visit went very well.

Dad stayed home because sitting in a car for long drives hurts him a lot now.  He and Mom stayed in regular touch over the phone.  He kept their dog and cat company, worked outside in the yard as best he was able raking and burning leaves (they have a big rural yard), and ate leftovers.  The rest of us used leftovers for travel provisions, and I came home with some yesterday evening.  We didn't have much leftover cranberry sauce because Mom, seeking to get another can at the store, grabbed the wrong thing from the shelf instead.  She has been doing that an awful lot in recent years.  That, and making it home without items she bought because the sackers at the store "failed to put it in her bag."

Dad's 80th birthday is today, but we had it early to celebrate while we were all home.  We always celebrate his birthday at Thanksgiving.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.