Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Trivial Irrelevant Aggravations

Started by sprout, October 03, 2019, 12:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday's_Child

Quote from: wareagle on January 02, 2021, 10:14:49 AM
Was the score the same?

Yes - the previous iteration of this game had the same result.  Of course, I don't have the specifics of vehicle type, direction of travel, type of door, etc. and it does seem that those sorts of variables could potentially influence the outcome.

ab_grp

My desktop has frozen twice today and had to be turned off and on again, and of course I had to keep reopening the files and programs I was working on each time.  Maybe I need to install the new Windows version, I think to myself.  Husband sends me the specs on the version he has recently installed so I can check to see if it's the same.  Ugh, I think... I don't want to have to restart my computer again today.  I open up Windows update, and the power goes out.  So, I guess if I do install it, I will have to restart my desktop yet again.  Trivial, but gee whiz. 

mamselle

Ick. I hate it when the machines gang up on us.

They need to remember, WE'RE THE HUMANS HERE!!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

FishProf

This is the traditional Unmaking Christmas weekend in my house.  So I am aggravated by how much stuff we have, how much of it only I (apparently) can pack and move) and how busy Smolt and MrsFishProf happened to be this weekend. 
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

sinenomine

I used shredded cheese for a recipe I made last night and forgot to put the bag back into the fridge. Found it on the counter this morning. Yuck.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

apl68

Quote from: sinenomine on February 01, 2021, 10:47:12 AM
I used shredded cheese for a recipe I made last night and forgot to put the bag back into the fridge. Found it on the counter this morning. Yuck.

Just reading about that is enough to give a person the heebie-jeebies.
See, your King is coming to you, just and bringing salvation, gentle and lowly, and riding upon a donkey.

mamselle

It's cold enough here that I'd have just put it back in the fridge.

;--}

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Charlotte

My migraines are worse than ever and apparently my meds have stopped working on them. With COVID, I'm concerned about going to the doctor so I've been suffering through them but I'm not sure how much longer I can function unless I can get these back under control. Over the counter meds like excedrin are not touching them and neither are my prescription meds. Migraines also make me so nauseous that eventually I'm forced to take anti nausea meds which make me very sleepy. I've hydrated, used ice packs, neck massage, yoga, meditation, no caffeine, caffeine, electrolytes, dark rooms, essential oil sticks on my temple, avoiding the sun, no exercise, exercise, no processed foods, cutting out the well-known food triggers, and I'm just about to snap if I cannot make it just one day without a migraine either threatening or full-blown.

mamselle

Long ago I was given Ergomar (by Rx), which was very quick-acting and effective on migraines.

I heard it might have been withdrawn for some reason, but perhaps something like it still exists?

Not everyone seemed to know about it, although I was going to a regular clinic at the time.

In any case, I can't imagine going through days and days of that.

I only had them infrequently and they were awful.

I hope you find something that works soon.

M.

ETA: and I would hardly think them trivial or irrelevant.....unless that was an attempt at veiled sarcasm!

No fun at all would be my conclusion. - M.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: Charlotte on February 03, 2021, 04:04:00 PM
My migraines are worse than ever and apparently my meds have stopped working on them. With COVID, I'm concerned about going to the doctor so I've been suffering through them but I'm not sure how much longer I can function unless I can get these back under control. Over the counter meds like excedrin are not touching them and neither are my prescription meds. Migraines also make me so nauseous that eventually I'm forced to take anti nausea meds which make me very sleepy. I've hydrated, used ice packs, neck massage, yoga, meditation, no caffeine, caffeine, electrolytes, dark rooms, essential oil sticks on my temple, avoiding the sun, no exercise, exercise, no processed foods, cutting out the well-known food triggers, and I'm just about to snap if I cannot make it just one day without a migraine either threatening or full-blown.

I'm sorry to hear it. Have you tried dramamine with meclizine? I only mention it because it has helped me with vertigo.

Charlotte

Quote from: mamselle on February 03, 2021, 04:28:16 PM
Long ago I was given Ergomar (by Rx), which was very quick-acting and effective on migraines..

ETA: and I would hardly think them trivial or irrelevant.....unless that was an attempt at veiled sarcasm!

Well, the more I thought about it the more trivial it did seem. Many people have worse problems and I felt a little as if I was making a mountain out of a molehill!

I'll have to look into Ergomar. I have been on sumatriptan which makes me feel strange but they were knocking the migraines out. Now they only dull them enough so I can somewhat work and once it wears off they come right back.

Thank you, it helped to simply vent a little! Many people don't understand and think they are just headaches so when I mention them they look at me as though I'm being ridiculous.

Charlotte

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on February 03, 2021, 07:17:58 PM

I'm sorry to hear it. Have you tried dramamine with meclizine? I only mention it because it has helped me with vertigo.

No, I haven't tried that. I will have to look into it and see if it will help. Thank you!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: Charlotte on February 04, 2021, 03:54:07 AM
Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on February 03, 2021, 07:17:58 PM

No, I haven't tried that. I will have to look into it and see if it will help. Thank you!

Note: I am not a medical doctor. :) It has helped me a little when I've stress-induced vertigo (Is that really a thing?).

Thursday's_Child

Quote from: Charlotte on February 04, 2021, 03:52:42 AM
Long ago I was given Ergomar (by Rx), which was very quick-acting and effective on migraines..

Well, the more I thought about it the more trivial it did seem. Many people have worse problems and I felt a little as if I was making a mountain out of a molehill!

I'll have to look into Ergomar. I have been on sumatriptan which makes me feel strange but they were knocking the migraines out. Now they only dull them enough so I can somewhat work and once it wears off they come right back.

Thank you, it helped to simply vent a little! Many people don't understand and think they are just headaches so when I mention them they look at me as though I'm being ridiculous.

Many people are stupid - as in, happily jumping to unwarranted conclusions as they busily judge others only by their own grossly limited experiences.  (But, I'm not bitter...)

Migraines are no joke, and it sounds as if you have serious ones.  If they're interfering that much with daily life, it might well be worth the risk to see an MD about them again.

apl68

Quote from: Thursday's_Child on February 04, 2021, 10:10:59 AM
Quote from: Charlotte on February 04, 2021, 03:52:42 AM

Many people are stupid - as in, happily jumping to unwarranted conclusions as they busily judge others only by their own grossly limited experiences.  (But, I'm not bitter...)

Migraines are no joke, and it sounds as if you have serious ones.  If they're interfering that much with daily life, it might well be worth the risk to see an MD about them again.

One of our staff members has had persistent migraine problems.  It took several tries with the doctor, but they did eventually find a treatment routine that worked well for her.  She has now gone for several years without much trouble from them.  So don't give up!
See, your King is coming to you, just and bringing salvation, gentle and lowly, and riding upon a donkey.