News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

There is a very large cluster of lightning strikes about 10 miles away, the wind has picked up quite a bit, and the sky just got very dark.  Hope this passes through quickly!

mamselle

Luscious, chewy 'boom's of thunder, followed by pelting rain.

Then silence.

More booms, more silence.

I'm very glad I did my walk when it was clear and sunny, with a two-minute grazing of drizzle, four hours ago.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

FishProf

A lovely albeit overcast morning, right up until I rinsed and stepped out on the Pool Deck at the Y for my workout.  Then BOOM!  Aaaaaaaand the pool is closed until 30 min after the last thunder is heard.  Grrrr.

That was two hours ago, and the thunder and rain have been intermittent but potent.

I saw a long line of animals walking in pairs along the highway.  Odd.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

mamselle

Quote from: FishProf on September 28, 2021, 07:24:37 AM
A lovely albeit overcast morning, right up until I rinsed and stepped out on the Pool Deck at the Y for my workout.  Then BOOM!  Aaaaaaaand the pool is closed until 30 min after the last thunder is heard.  Grrrr.

That was two hours ago, and the thunder and rain have been intermittent but potent.

Did they say anything about a guy named Noah offering them free food and lodging for forty days and forty nights?

;--}

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ab_grp

We are also having a rainy morning again, though without the thunder and lightning (so far).

FishProf

Quote from: mamselle on September 28, 2021, 08:24:49 AM

Did they say anything about a guy named Noah offering them free food and lodging for forty days and forty nights?

;--}

M.

I don't like the ark of this conversation...
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

apl68

Quote from: FishProf on September 28, 2021, 09:58:56 AM
Quote from: mamselle on September 28, 2021, 08:24:49 AM

;--}

M.

I don't like the ark of this conversation...

Well, we have a promise that that's not going to happen again on a global scale.  But you might want to be prepared for some serious local problems, if the animals are acting weird.

Very rainy, with chances of rain in the forecast for the next week.  We could use some rain.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Harlow2

Hail yesterday; stunningly beautiful and cool today. Been about 2 weeks with highs under 90.

mamselle

Nights starting to go down to the 50s, which is the usual harbinger of fall here.

Brrrrrr----

M.

Larimar

It is such a gorgeous early Fall so far here! We've now had maybe about a week of beautiful cool, crisp, bright-but-not-too-bright days, temperatures in the 60's. Ahhhh! this is my kind of weather. I've been waiting for this for months!

ab_grp

Another storm's rolling in.  Definitely a lot cooler out!

Parasaurolophus

I'm told there was a waterspout yesterday but, alas, I did not see it.
I know it's a genus.

apl68

After two days of mild, almost fallish weather, we're looking at a week of highs in the upper 80s-low 90s.  Not terribly hot by local standards, but not good October weather.  At this rate our trick-or-treaters may well be sweltering in their costumes.  It has happened here before in recent years.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

Lovely, cool-but-not-cold AM for walking.

The angle of the AM sun and the leaves' almost-transparent xanthylls are letting that golden Corot light shine through--I got some gorgeous pictures of reflected trees along the river.

Mmmmmmmmm....(Happy humming).

apl68

Quote from: mamselle on October 07, 2021, 08:12:32 AM
Lovely, cool-but-not-cold AM for walking.

The angle of the AM sun and the leaves' almost-transparent xanthylls are letting that golden Corot light shine through--I got some gorgeous pictures of reflected trees along the river.

Mmmmmmmmm....(Happy humming).

Wistful sighing....