News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apl68

Clear and sunny, but it actually feels like winter outside!  Now looking forward to coming home this evening and having a slow batch of stew waiting for me.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

Warmer, above freezing, anyway.

I finally 5urned of the dripping taps, although they may have to go back on tonight.

We were also promised snow, but I don't see any...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

clean

we MIGHT have sleet tonight and MAY have a short episode of freezing rain. 

My bride has gone to her parents' house for the evening.  I THOUGHT that they had a gas fireplace, but this afternoon, was informed (round about) that it may not be working.  So there was no real reason for her to go, except that she reported that her parents were very excited that she was going to have a sleep over there, so she was stuck going!!

I doubt that I will lose power, but if THEY lose power, it would be easier for her to help them... she would feel better! 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

apl68

Still feeling like winter for a change.  It was actually colder last night than it normally gets.  Which made having to rush out into the night to deal with an after-hours emergency at work all the chillier.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

Cold, still, here, I think.

If 10 degrees is any indication, that is.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

hmaria1609

Brr, cold! Cold Emergency Alert on for DC tonight.  It's likely to be on for the weekend with the low temps.

This morning, I had a x-large spice chai flavor tea from a local gas station for my commute to the library.  The temp in my car dropped quick as I left the garage from home!

mamselle

We're getting Blizzard Warnings for tomorrow.

We'll see...it's about the right time for it, but they often over-predict, erring on the side of caution.

I had to do errands yesterday, so I did my usual 3-weeks shopping, just to be on the safe side.

And I have plenty to do inside, so no issues there.

On va voir.

M.

Harlow2

Forecast here for between 4 and 9 inches. We've had 2 previous similar forecasts this month that resulted in only nuisance stuff.  Lovely little snow drizzle ( too little to qualify as showers). 

Langue_doc

From the National Weather Service:
* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 9
inches. Winds gusting as high as 45 mph. Near blizzard
conditions are possible for a period on Saturday.
* WHERE...Portions of northeast New Jersey, southern Connecticut
and southeast New York.
* WHEN...From 7 PM this evening to 7 PM EST Saturday.
* IMPACTS...Travel will become be very difficult. Gusty winds
could bring down tree branches.

mamselle

Well, not much blizzard to see so far.

At 11.30, there was a 1-snowflake-deep dusting on the sidewalks.

Tiny. I wouldn't have said coming down very fast.

Now, 7 hours later, there's maybe an inch of snow.

I can still see grass through the powdered berm.

Nothing to see here, folks--move along...

M.

sinenomine

Cold, windy, and snowy here. A good day for online shopping and reading for an article I'm revising.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

Puget

Quote from: mamselle on January 29, 2022, 03:52:32 AM
Well, not much blizzard to see so far.

At 11.30, there was a 1-snowflake-deep dusting on the sidewalks.

Tiny. I wouldn't have said coming down very fast.

Now, 7 hours later, there's maybe an inch of snow.

I can still see grass through the powdered berm.

Nothing to see here, folks--move along...

M.

I think you were a tad premature on this one ;-)

Did a first round of shoveling during a lull in the wind. Got back in just in time as it is now blowing snow sideways. It has already started filling back in with falling and drifting snow, but I'm sticking with the approach of shoveling every few hours in hopes it will keep each round at least somewhat manageable. Most critically, I shoveled a path to the hot tub!

Thankfully it is cold enough that the snow is fairly powdery. Almost like being back in Colorado so I'm enjoying it-- hope to get out on my x-country skis tomorrow!

"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

FishProf

Visibility here is essentially zero, and the snow piled against my door is at least a deep.  At least it is staying cold so it won't be clearing slush.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Juvenal

Still a bit of a blizzard here on Long Island.  All the palms look nonplussed.
Cranky septuagenarian

FishProf

I just reread my own post.  "At least A FOOT deep" would've made more sense.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.