News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

I guess location does matter...still only 8" max here (just looked out the door, and checked the listings of nearby areas).

Further out, not even much further out, it's clearly more.

It's been blowing, not snowing...and now it's even stopped doing that, it seems.

Still cold, though. Just went "up" to 12 degrees...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Harlow2

We got about 8 inches in my part of metro Philly.  Temps down to 10* last night I think but it will be a balmy 46* on Wednesday.

mamselle

We finally maxed out at a foot, but it's mostly been cleared by now.

Schools re-open tomorrow, or that's the word at the moment...

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mamselle

Hmmm....

I don't recall ever waking up to a temperature reading that said '1 degree' (outside) before...

M.

AmLitHist

After a very mild winter so far, it looks like we're going to get nailed: rain Tuesday, turning to freezing rain and sleet, then snow Wednesday and Thursday. This morning the forecast was calling for 1/4" of freezing rain, 1" of sleet, and 6-12" of snow.

I'm ready for spring.

ab_grp

We had to go "shopping" in my trunk to find ice scrapers, blankets, etc. for my husband's and daughter's vehicles.  I had a bunch of it from living in a place in which I would all too often leave work to find my car covered.  Folks here just are not used to this kind of weather, I guess! I'm glad to have had some spares, though it's a little weird to have to haul them out now after several years in this region.  If we ever get any kind of significant snowfall, there will be trouble.  We should probably stock up on some other tools, just in case.  Now if I could only convince my daughter to wear a coat when she leaves the house, or at least to take one with her.  I offered a lightweight down jacket, but the hot pink color doesn't really mesh with the grunge/goth look she is currently into.

mamselle

Puget

Snowing. Big thick flakes frosting the trees and coating the ground. Beautiful but would be way more beautiful in December. In March I'm just ready for it to be spring already.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

mamselle

I took a walk this AM and was having fun finding bits of snow piled in odd places, in contrast with everything else that was green and open, where it had melted.

Short-lived, apparently...

We don't get spring until June around here...

M.

clean

Spring must be here.  The weeds are sprouting and some have even begun to flower.  It wont be long (days, probably not weeks) until all of the things that cause me misery will begin to do what they do!  (in other words, soon, my car will be covered in the yellow remnants of tree sex!) 
ON the other hand, though we begin Spring Break, we will be in the 30s this weekend, so no pool days here (not that I have a pool!) 

The weeds in my back yard are already sufficiently high that I may need to mow this week.  The front yard weeds are sprouting and spreading and I think that I saw the beginnings of the little purple flowers that mean that I will need to spend a few hours next week pulling them.  (I made the mistake 3 years ago of waiting and trying to mow them, but they had already sprouted and matured enough seeds that I have been fighting to get rid of the seed progeny that benefited from my mistake).   
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

Harlow2

Hot cold rain sun wind hot cold rain sun wind...

Tulips are up!

mamselle

Yesterday's snow has begun to melt, but not enough that I felt like walking in the slushy, icy mess.

Time enough to run errands and get a nicer, longer walk tomorrow, since temps are supposed to be higher all day today, and just might have melted the sidewalks dry by then.

Ten more minutes in bed for the errands, an hour for the walk--I'll take it.

M.

ab_grp

I just found out from a community FB page that it snowed here today.  Hmm! I guess we slept in too long and missed it.  It was very gray and rainy this morning.  My weather app told me yesterday that it would be significantly cooler here today with a high of 13! I knew it was supposed to dip below freezing, but still.  Then I noticed it was in Celsius.  I have no idea why it suddenly decided to send that notification in C instead of F.  13F would have been quite something for this region.

mamselle

Excellent walking weather, most enjoyable. All paths and sidewalks clean and the ducks, geese, and swans were playing tag (well, the male ducks were, anyway...)

M.

Juvenal

Saturday rain and following snowbits make the weekend one to lie low.  I anticipate no shovel work.  On the other hand...  There will be the loss of an hour.  Sigh.

I had the failure of a very old popcorn popper this week; I then had an Amazon replacement on the stoop today.  Yet to unpack.  But this is Friday, with cirrus harbingers veiling the sky (post sunset), so unboxing will wait for dawn's light (or lack).

Tax paper is ready for the accountant. 

I have a jar of Orville Riedenbacher (and I've found it sub-par) at hand.  And bacon grease, which I use instead of butter.  Don't tell my cardiologist--but, "butter" or "bacon grease" really dwell in the same antechambers of cardio-hell.  Arcades ambo.

Cranky septuagenarian