News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Venting Thread

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 07:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ergative

We have a new laundry detergent (for Reasons which are boring), and the new bar of soap in the bathroom has a scent I don't care for, and now it smells like I'm living in someone else's house and wearing someone else's clothes.

FishProf

Quote from: ergative on October 27, 2020, 01:30:37 AM
... now it smells like I'm living in someone else's house and wearing someone else's clothes.

So, a welcome change from Covid doldrums?
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

San Joaquin

somewhere, a sociologist pricks up their ears...

mamselle

Unrelated to the above (however fascinating.....let us know when the book comes out...)...

I can't wait to be done with this bunch of sweet, overripe, pungent bananas.

Soon it truly will be "not my circus, not my monkeys..."

Replacing it as a job will be a different issue, but all the same stuff is starting up all over again, and 5 years is enough.

Had to say that to someone...!!!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

FishProf

Dammit.

Last Tuesday, I was stopped on the (major) road in front of my house, waiting to turn left into my driveway.  One, two, three, Four, Five cars pass on my right.  Then BAM, we get rear ended.

Smolt and I were uninjured.

Today, I learned that my car was totaled (I had it for just over a year).

Now I have to go through the car search process, again.  Grrr.

mamselle

Very sorry about your car and the pain of looking for another one so soon.

Very, very glad you and Smolt were uninjured.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Langue_doc

Quote from: FishProf on October 27, 2020, 03:06:38 PM
Dammit.

Last Tuesday, I was stopped on the (major) road in front of my house, waiting to turn left into my driveway.  One, two, three, Four, Five cars pass on my right.  Then BAM, we get rear ended.

Smolt and I were uninjured.

Today, I learned that my car was totaled (I had it for just over a year).

Now I have to go through the car search process, again.  Grrr.

Sorry to hear about the rear ending. Glad to hear that there were no injuries. Must be a hassle to look for a new car, especially during the pandemic, because of safe-distancing protocols.

Economizer

Couple of political things:

1. TV political ad explicitly stating that if DT is re elected our  social security program will be broke by 2022 or 2023.

2. Required pre vote questionaire which inquired as to what party one is aligned with or whether one is independent. I never want to reveal that much, as it would, figuritively, tie  me to beingas a specific party supporter.
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

Economizer

Quote from: Economizer on October 28, 2020, 01:40:54 PM
Couple of political things:

1. TV political ad explicitly stating that if DT is re elected our  social security program will be broke by 2022 or 2023.

2. Required pre vote questionaire which inquired as to what party one is aligned with or whether one is independent. I never want to reveal that much, as it would, figuritively, tie  me to being a specific party supporter.
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

OneMoreYear

Very minor vent compared to what is going on around us. I screwed up parts of an assignment and the rubric. Thus, what should have been a 90 minute grading process will now take at least 4 hours. Just crap.  I'm behind on grading as it is, and this will not help. I am correcting the problem by making certain parts of the assignment as bonus credit. At least the students will be happy.

San Joaquin

A vent at myself:  what on earth made you think that you could squeeze three days of virtual conference in between two major accreditation reviews without also scheduling some down time?  Balance....

FishProf

I drove 2 hours through a GPS mapped hell-route to check out a replacement car.  That was already sold.  FOR DAYS before the salesman contacted me.

I am so angry I am calm.

ab_grp

Quote from: FishProf on November 01, 2020, 05:07:19 AM
I drove 2 hours through a GPS mapped hell-route to check out a replacement car.  That was already sold.  FOR DAYS before the salesman contacted me.

I am so angry I am calm.

Argh I can only imagine.  So sorry to hear about the accident (though glad you and Smolt are okay), and then to have to deal with this BS?! No, sir. 

FishProf

To add insult to injury, a suitable car was posted last night about a mile form the failed search location.  But I am not driving back down there again.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: FishProf on November 01, 2020, 08:35:45 AM
To add insult to injury, a suitable car was posted last night about a mile form the failed search location.  But I am not driving back down there again.

I'm sorry you're having a hell of a time getting a car, FP.