News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Venting Thread

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 07:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

This is not really a vent for ME, but it may be a vent from my bride...

We had bad weather here last night (a probability of an ice storm) and she stayed with her parents because they have a gas fireplace and IF they lost power, she would be able to help them and stay cozy with the fireplace.

As I was alone, I went to the closet to find one of the games I used to play that is located in a foot locker type box in the closet.  It seems that she has piled A SHIT TON of stuff  (I believe that is a metric unit) on top and she now claims that I was "being mischievous" and in the process of accessing MY box, I triggered an avalanche of HER stuff that rained down and piled up knee high about me! 

I texted her that before she comes home from her parents' house that she should stop at walmart to get some totes as her avalanche clearly indicates that she needs to better organize her stuff. 

Starting MY VENT!
NOW she has started taking things out of the closet and she is now creating piles of stuff in the living room.  She has already filled the 'guest' lazy boy chair with things, and another 'tote bag' of DVDs is on the couch!  She thinks that the DVDs now BELONG in the living room!  However, We DONT HAVE a DVD PLAYER in the living room!!  (I now fear that she will add one to her shopping list to justify keeping her DVD treasures in the living room!!)

So let that be a warning to you newly weds out there!  Dont leave your new spouse alone in the house over night and give (especially HIM)  the opportunity to be "mischievous!"

And for the grooms... IF you dont INSPECT the closet periodically, you run the risk of being buried in the AVALANCHE of purses, shoes, sweaters, and assorted whatnot's in tote bags!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

mamselle

Ummm....it's called being married and living with other people.....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

clean

Update...

As I mentioned, she piled a lot of things on the chair in the living room. Then she sat on the edge and the pile of blankets and things she created from the closet and it all rained down on her!! 

Tactlessly, I laughed and said "That is what happened to me yesterday!!"

Fortunately, she has forgiven me for my 'mischief!"

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

Parasaurolophus

The hatchling had a small accident amd wrenched a tooth somewhat out of alignment, as far as I can tell. I know it's not my fault, but man, do I ever feel bad about it. The poor love.

Hopefully it's not bad and sets itself aright. And hopefully tomorrow I can get a better look at it.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Hope its tiny fangs stay aligned!

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ergative

Goodness, I remember you announcing when the egg was laid. And it's got teeth already!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: ergative on January 22, 2022, 11:32:52 PM
Goodness, I remember you announcing when the egg was laid. And it's got teeth already!

Six, although two are still just at the poking through stage. 0_o

The fang is now much further out than it was, and still somewhat misaligned. We did what we could to put it back in place, but there's only so much you can do. The wobble doesn't seem too strong, so I think it should shore up. Hopefully it won't be too snaggly, though, since it's a central incisor. Poor love.
I know it's a genus.

AmLitHist

The good news:  I'm out of the knee-high hard plastic boot!

Unfortunately, rather than being told it's just going to take awhile, and to continue to take it easy, the podiatrist ordered an MRI and thinks that I'll need surgery.  The plantar fascia still has a wide gap, but there's nothing to be done for that (i.e., he can't go in and sew to repair it); however, the fifth metatarsal has something going on, as I suspected because it's hurt like the devil since the PF tear. The MRI will show if the force from that injury damaged or detached the ligaments from the bone, damaged the bone, and/or something else.

To replace the boot, I was given an ankle brace that puts me in the mind of Mammy having Miss Scarlett hang onto the bedpost while tightening up the lacing of her corset.  I'm supposed to wear this under a shoe--like I have anything other than a shoebox that would fit over my swollen fat foot, even without this layer of torture. I might actually have to wear ALHS's shorter ortho boot to go to work on Tuesday. 

I'm not hugely upset, because I kind of figured (i.e., worried) that this would happen. I'm more aggravated than anything, esp. because the whole thing just happened without anything to really cause it. Plus, looking at various reputable Dr. Google sites says that recovery from the injury and surgery can take from 6-12 months for diabetics like me. Sigh. 

mamselle

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 23, 2022, 08:46:40 AM

The fang is now much further out than it was, and still somewhat misaligned. We did what we could to put it back in place, but there's only so much you can do. The wobble doesn't seem too strong, so I think it should shore up. Hopefully it won't be too snaggly, though, since it's a central incisor. Poor love.

I was thinking the same about the speed of dentition!

Did it bleed when it was knocked about? (If it's not re-attaching it might be worth a call to a pediatric dentist if you haven't already.)

Hope all's well!

M.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: AmLitHist on January 23, 2022, 10:02:13 AM
The good news:  I'm out of the knee-high hard plastic boot!

Unfortunately, rather than being told it's just going to take awhile, and to continue to take it easy, the podiatrist ordered an MRI and thinks that I'll need surgery.  The plantar fascia still has a wide gap, but there's nothing to be done for that (i.e., he can't go in and sew to repair it); however, the fifth metatarsal has something going on, as I suspected because it's hurt like the devil since the PF tear. The MRI will show if the force from that injury damaged or detached the ligaments from the bone, damaged the bone, and/or something else.

To replace the boot, I was given an ankle brace that puts me in the mind of Mammy having Miss Scarlett hang onto the bedpost while tightening up the lacing of her corset.  I'm supposed to wear this under a shoe--like I have anything other than a shoebox that would fit over my swollen fat foot, even without this layer of torture. I might actually have to wear ALHS's shorter ortho boot to go to work on Tuesday. 

I'm not hugely upset, because I kind of figured (i.e., worried) that this would happen. I'm more aggravated than anything, esp. because the whole thing just happened without anything to really cause it. Plus, looking at various reputable Dr. Google sites says that recovery from the injury and surgery can take from 6-12 months for diabetics like me. Sigh.

Ugh, I'm sorry.

Quote from: mamselle on January 23, 2022, 11:50:55 AM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 23, 2022, 08:46:40 AM

I was thinking the same about the speed of dentition!

Did it bleed when it was knocked about? (If it's not re-attaching it might be worth a call to a pediatric dentist if you haven't already.)

Hope all's well!

M.

Yeah, it bled a decent bit, as mouth things do. I think it's re-attaching, although it's angled a bit further outward than one might like. But it might sort itself out over time. The dentist says he's too little to do anything but wait and see.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

ALH, sorry to hear about your podiatric problems.

As for the ankle, is this a Ritchie brace? If so, wearing it with sneakers would help. The sneaker in question would stretch so you wouldn't be able to use that pair once you're out of the brace. Do ignore the pictures of smiling women jogging while wearing the brace, apparently without a care in the world--ain't happening--you'd still need to be walking slowly.

Sending you good thoughts for good doctors, physical therapists, and a speedy recovery.

AmLitHist

Thanks for the good wishes, everybody. It will all be fine, I'm sure. I'm just impatient, and irritated beyond belief that all this happened to begin with. (Proof that I actually can injure myself simply walking across a floor. Just call me "grace"!)

Langue_doc, I started out in one of these (borrowed from ALHS after his foot surgeries) before I could get in to see the podiatrist.

Then the doc moved me into this one.

Now I'm in this medieval torture device, um, ankle stabilizer.  It has to be tight to work, but it feels like my foot is going to fall off at the top of the brace; my swelling, pudgy ankle doesn't help.

I'm just being whiny: at least it's nothing more serious (for now), and I have a good doctor, and I have insurance to pay for it all.  I should just suck it up and get over it. . . . but where's the fun in that?  :-)

mythbuster

ALH, I have sympathy. Good that you are healing. Hopefully you know enough to wear a solid supportive shoe on your good foot. Seeing these reminds me of my past student with a full ankle cast and crutches trying to maneuver down the steep aisle of the lecture hall. Her good foot had a flip flop on, which she lost on about step 3!

mamselle

Yes, my supporting R foot got quite workout 2 yrs ago when my broken L ankle segue to covid between late Jan and early April of 2020.

I had the middle boot you show after the cast was off.

Such fun!

M.

Langue_doc

ALH, I had to wear something similar to your second one. A year later, the issue was still unresolved thanks to an MRI report that stated that everything was normal which contradicted the actual film showing numerous issues. I then was prescribed the Ritchie brace --the doc takes a cast of your foot, and then the brace gets shipped to you.
https://richiebrace.com/physicians/products/richie-brace-dynamic-assist

Whine away all you want--foot problems are by far the worst as you have to walk around on contraptions that limit your ability to stand or walk normally.