News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with two pangrams, three words to go. Yesterday I needed SBB for bonito and boink, my last word.

Congratulations, ab_grp, on your successes yesterday! QBABM and a 2fer on your first try. That is a red letter day!

I, however, did not see subjunctive,and so did not get a 2fer yesterday. Sigh... No 2fer yet today, either.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwG, last word wooing. LB - after flailing around with 3fers, finally went to hints, Googling hints, etc to find the rather straightforward typhoid-declaw.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangrams so far.  I could not get the third pangram, ironworking, yesterday.  I thought I had it with gigworking, inkworking.  Ugh.  Husband got to QBABH!

No luck on LB.  That seemed like a tough one!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangrams--don't know how I found them--and above genius. QB yesterday, again don't know how I found the pangrams!

Went birding this morning.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good evening!

QBwSBB for the last word, owing—which I could have sworn that I typed right after owning. Today I got to QB, but only with some SBB help.

LB: I had watched-diploidy. No solution yet today.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for nautili, pinup. LN funic-calibrated which I thought I made up. It took - turns out it's related to the umbilical cord.

Learn something new every day.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius without pangram so far.  Yesterday I needed help with unapt.  Argh!

For LB I got unbar-reinflicted.  I'm glad when prefix/suffix combos are accepted! We had a lot of interesting solutions and new words today!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB yesterday with inapt, pinup, and unapt as my last words, thanks to SBB. QBABM today!

LB: I had unfiltered-debacle. Lots of solutions this time!

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Genius, but no pangram. Missed nautili, annuli, and a couple of other words that I knew I had entered.

unfiltered/debacle as well.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, last word medium. LB my text friend accidentally sent me a spoiler but my best 3fer so far was cavorts-ship-puma.

Happy  solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. QB yesterday, with emend, emended as the last words.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Past genius with all the pangrams so far.  Yesterday we had team QB, but I needed help with dummied, nudie.

No luck on LB! I thought victim(s) might get me somewhere.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday, with minimized as my last word. Today I'm at genius with all three pangrams.

LB: No solution yesterday! None so far today, either.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

QuoteToday I'm at genius with all three pangrams.

Three pangrams! Aargh! I doubt I'll have the energy to find the other two.