News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Pool Party! Darkstarrynight has been Tenured and Promoted!

Started by mamselle, March 10, 2020, 04:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

OK, all kinds of other craziness may be going on in the other world, but the Fora Pool Party has its own life!

We're celebrating Darkstarrynight's tenure and promotion letter!

Who's bringing stuff for the grill?

Where's the Hamster Emeritus?

Is the Infinity Pool full?

(And no, don't worry about viriuses, colds, flu, or any other issues--they're zapped at the gate.)

I have the chopped veggies marinaded and ready to be heated up!

M
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mythbuster

Chocolate! I've got chocolate! Dark and milk and filled with your favorite center.
     Congrats Darkstarrynight. I hope you have a big vacation planned for this summer. Take a deep breathe and enjoy your achievement.

mamselle

Cho-co-late....cho-co-late....

Dark, with caramel, cocoanut, pepermint, raspberry, strawberry, or....

Cho-co-late....

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

nescafe

namazu

Hooray, darkstarrynight!  Enjoy these rum-balls, or chocolate-covered strawberries, if those are more to your liking.

lightning

apl68

If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Wahoo Redux

W00T!   A new constellation has been discovered!  Congrats, DSN!
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Cheerful

San Joaquin

Found where we stashed the beach umbrellas!  And I'll take some of those yummy chocolates.... :-)

Congrats to Darkstarrynight!

notmycircus

mamselle

Yes, beach umbrellas and warm skies prevail whatever the weather, here at the Infinity Pool.

Grilled veggies are ready-- anyone for root vegetables marinated in balsamic/maple/sesame oil?

Hot buttered French bread is ready as well...or there's toasted scali and spiced EVOO if you prefer!

M.

Thursday's_Child

Congrats, Darkstarrynight!  Excellent timing - we need a party this week!

AmLitHist

darkstarrynight

Thanks everyone! I am sorry I am late to my own party! My institution did its coronavirus cancellation thing this morning, so I am emailing my panicked students and rescheduling guest speakers...probably the same situation everywhere. Yet, I am celebrating and loved the constellation creation, Wahoo Redux! Thanks for planning, M!