News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Up-to-date software for dummies

Started by mahagonny, August 31, 2022, 11:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahagonny

Suppose you needed to schedule a nine to five day of meetings with individuals, at 45 minutes apiece, and you need to do it quickly through internet? What program would you use, that a fair-to-middling computer literate person like me could set up?

Once a person signs up for a slot, that slot would be shown to all subsequent viewers as filled. I guess it would help if they could jump right on the site and get squared away without having to log in.

Thank you.

Puget

I use Google calendar appointment slots for this- work just as you describe wanting them. If you aren't a Google campus, it appears you have to pay $8/month to add this (and other stuff) to a personal Google account.
https://workspace.google.com/individual/?utm_source=cal-in-product&utm_medium=et&utm_campaign=cal-event-create-apptsched-link&utm_term=learn-more&authuser=1&hl=en

There are other options, like Youcanbookme. Don't know how those compare since we are a Google campus and so that option is free and easy for me.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

FishProf

I use appointlet with my google calendar.  This is how I schedule advising slots and off-time office hours.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

ergative

FishProf

Quote from: ergative on September 01, 2022, 07:25:41 AM
My department swears by doodle.

For getting groups together I think Doodle is the worst, except for everything else.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

ergative

Quote from: FishProf on September 01, 2022, 07:32:07 AM
Quote from: ergative on September 01, 2022, 07:25:41 AM
My department swears by doodle.

For getting groups together I think Doodle is the worst, except for everything else.

For getting groups together, I've found that whenisgood is perfect. But Doodle is very good when you want one slot per person, which I think is what mahoganny is asking for.

pgher

I use Doodle and have a booking page. Costs $83 per year but well worth it.

mahagonny

statsgeek

For allowing individuals to sign up up for time slots, I also like calendly.  For groups, I find whenisgood MUCH easier to use than Doodle, both from an organizer and a participant point of view.