News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Allow me to introduce myself.

Started by redcrazykid, December 29, 2023, 08:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcrazykid

Hi. My real name is Dylan.

But, also never start a sentence with the word but. I have a new idea I'd like to share with the world.

And it would be possible without computers. It is called fish tank. When you make letters and numbers the size of frickin' infinity that make a picture of a ocean. And then also, put the pictures of fish in that ocean.

ASCII is a common language used to create pictures using words. But how many of them have you seen that are thousands of GB large.

fishbrains

Fun fact: Chuck Norris has counted to frickin' infinity. Twice. So maybe only He can process the sheer magnitude of your post.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

Wahoo Redux

My uncle saw Bigfoot.  He was driving to go skiing and it leapt down one side of the snowbank, ran across the road, and climbed the opposite snowbank. 

My uncle said it was "big and blond, with hair everywhere."

My uncle was no fool and not easily impressed.  He has a PhD in the sciences.  His wife, an MD, saw it too, as well as my two cousins, one who now holds an MD and the other who now holds a doctorate in physical therapy.  So these are high-performing STEM types not given to flights of fancy and imagination. 

I've never known what to make of this.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Ruralguy

It must mean that they really saw Bigfoot.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: Ruralguy on January 01, 2024, 04:14:59 PMIt must mean that they really saw Bigfoot.

But Bigfoot doesn't really exist. 

I'm thinking it might have been a prank, but the way my uncle described the figure moving was frankly superhuman. 

Hegemony

Bigfoot has never otherwise been reported as blond.

apl68

Quote from: Hegemony on January 01, 2024, 08:52:28 PMBigfoot has never otherwise been reported as blond.

Well, it's unusual, but I don't think it's completely unprecedented.

It's amazing how perceptions can fool you.  I was out walking at dusk some years ago and saw what at first glance looked exactly like an alien "grey" standing on the path in front of me, right beside a stream.  My hairs were starting to rise at the sight of something that I knew to be impossible. 

Then I realized that it was actually one of our local blue herons.  I was used to seeing them in the morning, in a different place, and not standing on the bank drawn up to their full height (They're huge birds!).  Once I had realized what it was, it flew away into the darkness.  If I had not been accustomed to seeing herons on a regular basis, I probably would have failed entirely to recognize it--and would still be carrying around the memory of a bizarre encounter with a "grey" that suddenly sprouted wings and flew away.  When I see attempts to explain away the notorious "Mothman" sightings as panicky glimpses of a stray sandhill crane or other large bird, I can believe it.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

nebo113

Quote from: Hegemony on January 01, 2024, 08:52:28 PMBigfoot has never otherwise been reported as blond.

Yeti, Sasquatch, Bigfoot:  big, dark skinned, hairy.  Definitely a racist description, as us  blue eyed blondes deserve representation.  Tee Hee

apl68

Quote from: nebo113 on January 03, 2024, 06:06:46 AM

Yeti, Sasquatch, Bigfoot:  big, dark skinned, hairy.  Definitely a racist description, as us  blue eyed blondes deserve representation.  Tee Hee

I don't think a blond Sasquatch is without precedent, but I'm pretty sure I've never heard of a blue-eyed one.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Thursday's_Child

Quote from: apl68 on January 03, 2024, 06:19:20 AM

I don't think a blond Sasquatch is without precedent, but I'm pretty sure I've never heard of a blue-eyed one.

Do people actually get close enough to Sasquatch to observe the eye color?  This seems a bit unlikely...

marshwiggle

Isn't the Yeti supposed to be white? (Not blond, I know, but definitely not "of colour".)
It takes so little to be above average.

AJ_Katz

Quote from: marshwiggle on January 03, 2024, 07:27:04 AM

Isn't the Yeti supposed to be white? (Not blond, I know, but definitely not "of colour".)

Maybe Yeti is just the winter morphotype of Sasquatch / Bigfoot, like an arctic fox!

apl68

Quote from: Thursday's_Child on January 03, 2024, 07:00:53 AM

Do people actually get close enough to Sasquatch to observe the eye color?  This seems a bit unlikely...

Say, you've got a point there!  We don't know what color their eyes are, at least in most cases.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: marshwiggle on January 03, 2024, 07:27:04 AM

It's funny, but I thought of the same thing.  Yetis are generally snow-white, however, so I'm just not sure what to think...perhaps a mutant being chased from his tribe?  And what would a Yeti be doing in the Pacific Cascades 7,000 miles from its home environment in the Himalayas?

Apparently, when they reached the parking lot at the ski resort, a car pulled up next to my uncle's car and the driver said, "Did you see that?"  So my uncle had witnesses who could confirm the sighting.

What makes me a little uncomfortable is that I remember asking my uncle if he believed in Bigfoot when I was a child, and he unhesitatingly replied, "No, we would have found a hominid that big by now."

And here he was, sighting Bigfoot.

One time, on one of my family's many expeditions to the wilderness, my sister saw something that she could only describe as "Big and brown!  Big and brown!"  It scared her rather badly.  I have always assumed she sighted a brown bear----which actually is kind of frightening----which caught a whiff of all our chemical smells and took off...but now I wonder...what did she actually see?

Hegemony

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on January 03, 2024, 04:50:07 PMOne time, on one of my family's many expeditions to the wilderness, my sister saw something that she could only describe as "Big and brown!  Big and brown!"  It scared her rather badly.  I have always assumed she sighted a brown bear----which actually is kind of frightening----which caught a whiff of all our chemical smells and took off...but now I wonder...what did she actually see?

Since brown bears are well documented, and Bigfoots are not, the odds are overwhelming that she saw a brown bear. Or maybe a moose, depending on your location?

I heard an interesting talk from a zoologist on the possibility of Bigfoot. He mapped out the square acreage that would be needed to support one hominid of that size, and then the amount of individuals there would have to be out there for them to find each other, mate without becoming destructively inbred, the land needed for a mother to get enough food to raise at least one offspring, and so on. He did not say "It would be impossible for this species to exist in enough numbers to remain viable and yet remain undetected" in so many words, but the message was pretty clear.