News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Post For Stuff You Wanna Tell People

Started by Parasaurolophus, May 17, 2019, 10:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Like I keep saying, computers make our lives easier...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Looks like I was invited to do some ranking for the THE survey. I wonder what they scoured to get my email address.
I know it's a genus.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Unrelated.

So, you don't 'believe' in Black History Month? You don't think it's a good thing? Hmm. Every time we talk, some vile, narrow minded utterance falls from your lips and rests heavily at my feet. I mourn the relationship that we will never have since you have so much hatred in your heart.

ciao_yall

"If every time I email a certain person with a quick question... and they blind copy you with a response... and you get all huffy thinking I'm going behind your back...

"We're never gonna get any good work done."

mamselle

Whole gaggle o' ganders,  complainin' 'bout they goose-sauce t'day....

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

My expense claim was approved by the dean, which is nice. Especially since it's for a new crackpot research project.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

The emperor's tailor has pulled a seam thread on his royal robes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzake6VFaY8

M.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Unrelated.

You don't pay me enough for this shit.

Parasaurolophus

In case anyone was wondering, writing an annotated bibliography for 500 sources is a bit of work.
I know it's a genus.

Liquidambar

Everyone at my school is getting a small bonus--even our adjuncts.  Good news!
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. ~ Dirk Gently

evil_physics_witchcraft

A little humor...

The choice of music in the OBGYN's office (I know it's probably random) was appropriate  today- "Sexual Healing."

:D

mamselle

(De gustibus....I've never liked that song....it's not invitatory; he sounds like an invasive, intrusive baby wanting mommy NOW!)

It's supposed to be nice outside. I'm getting more work done. I have students to teach. Life could be much worse!

M.

Juvenal

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on April 29, 2022, 08:26:16 AM
A little humor...

The choice of music in the OBGYN's office (I know it's probably random) was appropriate  today- "Sexual Healing."

:D

Not "The Bolero"?
Cranky septuagenarian

Parasaurolophus

We just went to sign up the hatchling for another round of swimming lessons, only to discover that his picture (from when he was ~4 months adorns the ad!
I know it's a genus.

mamselle