Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Post For Stuff You Wanna Tell People

Started by Parasaurolophus, May 17, 2019, 10:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

From the NY Times:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/11/05/nyregion/ny-empire-trail.html
There's a New 750-Mile Bicycle Route in New York. Take a Look.

Couldn't find the bicycle thread.

mamselle

Quote from: Langue_doc on November 05, 2021, 07:10:45 AM
From the NY Times:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/11/05/nyregion/ny-empire-trail.html
There's a New 750-Mile Bicycle Route in New York. Take a Look.

Couldn't find the bicycle thread.

It's here:

http://thefora.org/index.php?topic=1921.msg56860#msg56860

I just took it out of mothballs...should be good to go now...

;--}

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

hmaria1609

Christmas candy now available in stores plus some new chocolates to try.  :D

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: hmaria1609 on November 05, 2021, 07:29:49 PM
Christmas candy now available in stores plus some new chocolates to try.  :D

It's too early!!!

Parasaurolophus

The hatchling seemed to enjoy his first taste of beans a lot more than his first taste of avocado, apple banana, or thimbleberry.
I know it's a genus.

hmaria1609

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on November 05, 2021, 07:47:18 PM
It's too early!!!
I know!  With fellow library colleagues who enjoy snacking happy--we'll eat 'em! :D

evil_physics_witchcraft

Economizer

Well, we are closing in on NFL tourney time. And, it looks like several marquis players are going on the disabled list.
I have given some of my very best thoughts to addressing injury matters about this, specific to the starting quarterbacks.

Would it not enhance the fairness in lost QB situatons to have their opponents to only be able to play their 2nd and 3rd string signal callers for the rest of the their schedule, or at least until the injured starter gets off of the disabled list? It sure would make things need a good bit more consideration!
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

ohnoes

Quote from: Economizer on November 07, 2021, 04:39:21 PM
Would it not enhance the fairness in lost QB situatons to have their opponents to only be able to play their 2nd and 3rd string signal callers for the rest of the their schedule, or at least until the injured starter gets off of the disabled list? It sure would make things need a good bit more consideration!

I don't think that the NFL has ever been interested in fairness.

Economizer

Fairness, maybe no, but Ratings (viewer #'s), definitely yes!
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

FishProf

Quote from: ohnoes on November 08, 2021, 06:43:41 AM

So LOWERING the quality of play will INCREASE interest? 

Why stop at Quarterbacks? 
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

apl68

Quote from: hmaria1609 on November 06, 2021, 08:34:49 AM
Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on November 05, 2021, 07:47:18 PM
It's too early!!!
I know!  With fellow library colleagues who enjoy snacking happy--we'll eat 'em! :D

Yes, I've not found many delicacies that a library staff won't clean up if you put it in their breakroom.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

ciao_yall

Well, we are closing in on NFL tourney time. And, it looks like several marquis players are going on the disabled list.
I have given some of my very best thoughts to addressing injury matters about this, specific to the starting quarterbacks.

Shouldn't a well-run team take good care of their best players? And have a strong, well-trained bench so that up-and-comers are ready to step in when necessary?

Why is this starting to remind me of Harrison Bergeron, the story by Kurt Vonnegut?

Economizer

Quote from: FishProf on November 08, 2021, 07:15:23 AM
Quote from: ohnoes on November 08, 2021, 06:43:41 AM

So LOWERING the quality of play will INCREASE interest? 

Why stop at Quarterbacks?

Economizer

Quote from: Economizer on November 08, 2021, 06:52:34 AM
Fairness, maybe no, but Ratings (viewer #'s), definitely yes!
l think my logic is better than your logic. It would make for more watchable, interesting contests.Run it up the blackboard and see if anybody salutes. Perhaps the Canadian Football League would be willing to try it out?