Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Post For Stuff You Wanna Tell People

Started by Parasaurolophus, May 17, 2019, 10:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismalist

Quote from: apl68 on December 03, 2021, 01:20:10 PM
Quote from: ab_grp on December 03, 2021, 12:44:09 PM
There's one more reason not to move to Maryland!

Overwhelming numbers of snakes in Maryland homes are not unheard of. One Annapolis couple sued after finding numerous snakes, including one that was 7 feet long, in their new home, News4 reported.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/national-international/homeowner-fighting-snake-infestation-burns-down-maryland-house-officials/3067242/

The irony here will no doubt create a good deal of amusement in some quarters, but people lost their home here.  Glad no people were hurt.

Didn't know that Maryland was notorious for snakes.  They were awfully common where I grew up.  One evening about five or six feet worth of snake got into the kitchen of my parents' house.  Dad grabbed it behind the head and somewhere back toward the tail, ran outside and down the driveway with it, and hurled it as hard as he could across the road into the woods beyond.  He said it was one of the hardest things he ever made himself do.  The snake was evidently scared too, since it wet all over Dad.

Because house prices are made public and snakes affect all houses in a certain area, the snake pest is in the price of the house. The inhabitants have nothing to complain about.

Remember, if the knowledge is public, it's all in the price! :-)
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 08, 2021, 08:52:01 AM
What is the cube on the far side of the moon?

Interesting! I am curious.  "Our Space" reminds me a bit too much of "Myspace", though. ;-)

aside

Hmmm, maybe Einstein was wrong about God playing dice with the universe...

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: ab_grp on December 08, 2021, 10:05:29 AM

Interesting! I am curious.  "Our Space" reminds me a bit too much of "Myspace", though. ;-)

rofl!
I know it's a genus.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Unrelated.

Leave me the f*ck alone so that I can finish compiling grades. We just finished the damn exam. It takes me TIME to grade things.

Harlow2

Parasaurolophus

With this post, I have surpassed polly.

Mamselle in untouchable.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

I only surpassed Poly after she stopped posting, though....

We're becoming a nation of e-jabberwocks...!

;--}

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

Merry Christmas, everybody!  See you in a few days.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Langue_doc

Quote from: apl68 on December 22, 2021, 03:02:13 PM

Merry Christmas to you, too!

Merry Christmas to those of you who observe the holiday. If you don't observe Christmas, Happy Relaxing!

hmaria1609

Quote from: Langue_doc on December 22, 2021, 03:16:28 PM
Quote from: apl68 on December 22, 2021, 03:02:13 PM

Merry Christmas to you, too!

Merry Christmas to those of you who observe the holiday. If you don't observe Christmas, Happy Relaxing!
We'll be closed for a 3 day Christmas weekend so I'm looking forward to it too.  Got myself a bottle of rose.

mamselle

A) Those silly little games in the J. Lawson Advent calendar will steal your brain cells away and leave you mush in return.

Must stop now.

Will stop now.

B) Saturday is going to be as much Zoom-work as a usual teaching day (again). However, in this case, a couple of those participating really do need the connectivity (a recent death in one family, some returning prodigals in another, possibly) so I'm not minding as much as I have sometimes.

However, it will be nice to have only one online thing to do on Sunday, and it will be something I don't have to prep or organize...grace a Dieu. (literally).

M.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to you all. SO and I will be hibernating for a bit so we can recharge our emotional batteries. :)