Main Menu

The best predatorial journal come-ons

Started by Scout, June 14, 2019, 04:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stemer

Quote from: the_geneticist on May 22, 2020, 08:34:44 AM
I got one today! 

QuoteDear [the_geneticist],

Greetings from Journal of Oceanography and Marine Research!

We are in shortfall of one article for successful release of Volume 8, Issue 2. Is it possible for you to support us with your transcript for this issue before 05 June, 2020? If this is a short notice please do send 5-6 pages Opinion, Short Commentary or Mini Review, and hope that a 5 pages article will not take much time for an eminent like you.

We are confident that you will always be there to support us.

Looking forward for your positive response.

With kind regards,

William George
Editorial Manager
Journal of Oceanography and Marine Research

I went to bed as an early career molecular geneticist, but woke up as an eminent marine researcher!
Apparently that grilled salmon I had for dinner was transformative.  I'm so thrilled!

He called you eminent, what else do you need? /s

mamselle

...You want any help with that article?...

;-->

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

bacardiandlime

I just got one!
---
Dear [bacardi]
Having been deeply attracted by your paper [cites an article I published last month, not in a scientific field], we invite you to contribute articles and join our Editorial Board/Reviewer Team.
American Journal of Applied Scientific Research (AJASR) (http://www.ajasr.org/index/ruzqg) a peer-reviewed academic journal, which provides a solid platform for researchers, scholars and those who take a great interest in emerging issues in applied scientific research to spread ideas.
---

should I go for it, team? My article is DEEPLY ATTRACTIVE.

ab_grp

Quote from: bacardiandlime on May 25, 2020, 03:21:08 PM
I just got one!
---
Dear [bacardi]
Having been deeply attracted by your paper [cites an article I published last month, not in a scientific field], we invite you to contribute articles and join our Editorial Board/Reviewer Team.
American Journal of Applied Scientific Research (AJASR) (http://www.ajasr.org/index/ruzqg) a peer-reviewed academic journal, which provides a solid platform for researchers, scholars and those who take a great interest in emerging issues in applied scientific research to spread ideas.
---

I posted what they had sent me a few pages back.  But they did not say they were deeply attracted by my paper! I am envious.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: ab_grp on May 25, 2020, 03:27:28 PM
Quote from: bacardiandlime on May 25, 2020, 03:21:08 PM
I just got one!
---
Dear [bacardi]
---

I posted what they had sent me a few pages back.  But they did not say they were deeply attracted by my paper! I am envious.

At least get dinner from them first.  And not someplace cheap either!
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

OneMoreYear

This thread actually makes me want to through my email clutter folder!

Got one this week; unfortunately I am not eminent and they are not deeply attracted to my work.

Dear [OneMoreYear]
I Just wanted to make sure you got this. We're holding a really substantial issue this month and you can RSVP here if you're interested in submitting a paper, or just hit me back to let me know you're going to be provide one.

Should I hit them back?

secundem_artem

Dear Dr. Artem, Secundem  ,

Warm wishes!

Journal of (I'm a Guy with a Computer and a Web Page Just Trying to Make a Buck) aims to provide a boundless stage for exhibiting the research work of scholars internationally using its open-access feature.

I'm not sure my research rises to the level of boundless.  It's generally well bounded by the time available, budget and my own sadly limited skill set.  If I ever achieve boundless though, I will keep these guys in mind.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

mamselle

How's our group project going?

Is it ready for submission yet?

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Wahoo Redux

Dear Dr. Redux Wahoo,*

Hope we are not disturbing you with our mail.

We are in shortfall of articles for fruitful release of our Next Issue in Open Access Journal of Archaeology & Anthropology.

Is it possible for you to support us with your Opinion/Mini Review/commentary (or) any type of article for our issue?

I would be grateful if you could send your valuable manuscript towards our journal.

Await your submission.

Regards,

Carlo Alvaro

Open access Journal of Archaeology and anthropology [ISSN: 2687-8402]

I know nothing about archaeology or anthropology except what I've seen on NOVA, but apparently discipline knowledge is not a requirement. 

*First and last names reversed.

This is the "journal," BTW.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

traductio

Quote from: mamselle on May 26, 2020, 03:53:14 PM
How's our group project going?

Is it ready for submission yet?

M.

I haven't had a chance to look in the last few days. Maybe it's time I pulled it all together.

mamselle

Yes, and that thorny word-order question will need to get sorted out, too....

M.

traductio

Quote from: mamselle on May 27, 2020, 07:46:05 PM
Yes, and that thorny word-order question will need to get sorted out, too....

M.

Perhaps I'll have everyone name their favorite ice cream flavor, and then I, as first author, will arrange the other authors' names as a function of which flavors I like the best.

mamselle

archaeo42

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on May 27, 2020, 07:11:42 PM
Dear Dr. Redux Wahoo,*

Hope we are not disturbing you with our mail.

We are in shortfall of articles for fruitful release of our Next Issue in Open Access Journal of Archaeology & Anthropology.

Is it possible for you to support us with your Opinion/Mini Review/commentary (or) any type of article for our issue?

I would be grateful if you could send your valuable manuscript towards our journal.

Await your submission.

Regards,

Carlo Alvaro

Open access Journal of Archaeology and anthropology [ISSN: 2687-8402]

I know nothing about archaeology or anthropology except what I've seen on NOVA, but apparently discipline knowledge is not a requirement. 

*First and last names reversed.

This is the "journal," BTW.

I feel slighted they have not sent me a solicitation to contribute to their journal.

Looking at contributions I see they published an essay from a high school student at Phillips Academy. I'm sure that will help their college applications.
"The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate."

Myword

I was asked to speak at Oxford University, if I paid for travel. I don't know how they got my name or why me? I was teaching at a community college. It looked official.