News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The best predatorial journal come-ons

Started by Scout, June 14, 2019, 04:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Did it have the dread words, "Round Table" associated?

Look out.

It's neither official, nor useful.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

secundem_artem

I think I win the internet for today.  This morning's come-on follows verbatim:

Уважаемые коллеги!

Приглашаем Вас опубликовать результаты Ваших научных исследований в 51-м номере рецензируемого научного журнала Чехии

Прием материалов продлен до — 03.06.2020

ISSN 3162-2364

Журнал  размещается в научной электронной библиотеке eLibrary. Номер договора — 259-04/2016
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: Myword on May 28, 2020, 02:47:40 PM
I was asked to speak at Oxford University, if I paid for travel. I don't know how they got my name or why me? I was teaching at a community college. It looked official.

This was one of my fav threads from the days of yore.

Should answer your questions.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

arcturus

Not precisely a journal, but I have been invited to contribute to "the incremental growth in their approach to do things."  I don't know how I could possibly say no to this honest representation of many conferences! Plus, Spain in 2021!
Would you be our Plenary speaker at the conference?
Dear Dr. arcturus ,
A warm welcome from Aerospace-2021
It is with great pleasure that we invite you to attend our 4th International Conference and Expo on Aerospace and Aeronautical Engineering  as a Plenary Speaker to outline practical strategies and set the central theme of the conference. The conference will be held in Valencia, Spain during March 22-24, 2021.
The conference anticipates attendance from a large number of scientists and researchers across the world and will consist of inspiring talks about the concepts and developments in this promising field. We believe the participants will benefit a lot from your expertise on the topic and that your inputs will add to the incremental growth in their approach to do things.
Further details about the conference are available at this dedicated page: [webpage]
We would be pleased if you responded with your availability as our guest speaker at this enticing conference.
We look forward to the prospect of you speaking at our meeting.
[...]

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: traductio on May 27, 2020, 09:29:25 PM
Quote from: mamselle on May 27, 2020, 07:46:05 PM
Yes, and that thorny word-order question will need to get sorted out, too....

M.

Perhaps I'll have everyone name their favorite ice cream flavor, and then I, as first author, will arrange the other authors' names as a function of which flavors I like the best.

I would like to be listed as "Fudge, Chunky Double" please.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

science.expat

Quote from: arcturus on May 31, 2020, 07:34:23 PM
Not precisely a journal, but I have been invited to contribute to "the incremental growth in their approach to do things."  I don't know how I could possibly say no to this honest representation of many conferences! Plus, Spain in 2021!
Dear Dr. arcturus ,
It is with great pleasure that we invite you to attend our 4th International Conference and Expo on Aerospace and Aeronautical Engineering  as a Plenary Speaker to outline practical strategies and set the central theme of the conference. The conference will be held in Valencia, Spain during March 22-24, 2021.
The conference anticipates attendance from a large number of scientists and researchers across the world and will consist of inspiring talks about the concepts and developments in this promising field. We believe the participants will benefit a lot from your expertise on the topic and that your inputs will add to the incremental growth in their approach to do things.
Further details about the conference are available at this dedicated page: [webpage]
We would be pleased if you responded with your availability as our guest speaker at this enticing conference.
[...]

That's awesome!

the_geneticist

Quote from: arcturus on May 31, 2020, 07:34:23 PM
Dear Dr. arcturus ,
[...]
Enticing!  Are you enticed?

the_geneticist

Got one this morning!  A bit boring compared to most.  At least, I think it's a predatory journal (or at least a very low-tier publisher).
QuoteIntegrative Journal of Medical Sciences contact@mbmj.org via sendinblue.com

12:07 AM (9 hours ago)

to me
Dear Researcher,

We are happy to inform you that Integrative Journal of Medical Sciences (ISSN: 2658-8218) is accepting manuscripts for its regular and special issues of Volume 7. We would like to invite you to contribute your Research Paper for publication in it.

Our timeline is:
   Time to first decision by editor: 1 week.
   Time for peer reviewing: 4 weeks.
   Time to publication: 1 week.

We publish Original Research articles, Reviews, Case Reports and Conference proceedings.

Please note that manuscripts on SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 will be fast-tracked and published online free of charge after peer-reviewing.

Our journal is an online journal which provides an international Exposure to your research. It is abstracted and indexed by HINARI, EBSCO, DOAJ, ProQuest, CrossRef, Index Copernicus, ICMJE,  J-Gate, CNKI, African Index Medicus, WorldCat, AcademicKeys, Google Scholar, Microsoft Academic, Sherpa/Romeo, JournalTOCs, InfoBase Index, Bielfeld Academic Search Engine (BASE), Researchbib, Researchgate, and IMIST.

Kindly submit your manuscript through our Online Submission System.

In case of any query, please feel free to contact us at contact@mbmj.org

With Regards,

Editorial Team,
Integrative Journal of Medical Sciences

saffie

An email I just received has links to Wikipedia for every underlined word or phrase in the introductory paragraph. As if someone active in CS research wouldn't know what computer science was or what computer scientists studied.

QuoteDear LastName FirstName,

Advances in Computer Science (ACS) is aimed to publish research articles on theoretical information and computation and of practical procedures for their execution and application in computer systems. Computer science is the study of processes that interact with data and that can be represented as data in the form of programs. It enables the use of algorithms to manipulate, store, and communicate digital information. A computer scientist studies the theory of computation and the design of computer systems.

traductio

Are you sure they know you're in computer science? It could be that they're soliciting articles from anyone and that a Wikipedia education is sufficient to meet the quality of their journal.

OneMoreYear

The entirety of the message:

Dear [OneMoreYear]

We trust that you have a fulfilling day ahead.

It is with great pleasure, humility and honour that we invite you to submit
articles that can be useful for the journal growth.

This is of utmost importance because the journal

Now I will never know why it is so important that I submit to this journal! What will happen if I don't?

mamselle

Were they on that subduction zone where the Restaurant at the End of the Universe was located? (Long-ago old forum interthreaduality)*

Maybe they got pulled under the next galactosphere before they could finish....

M.

* or it that interforumality...?

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

sinenomine

Quote from: OneMoreYear on June 22, 2020, 05:03:18 AM
We trust that you have a fulfilling day ahead.

It is with great pleasure, humility and honour that we invite you to submit
articles that can be useful for the journal growth.

This is of utmost importance because the journal[/i]

This reminds me of "The Red Wheelbarrow" — so much depends upon...
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

OneMoreYear

In my inbox today (usually they get trapped by my clutter folder so they may be getting smarter about their email addresses):

Dear [1st name, Last name]
I hope you are well.
I am yet to get your response as regards the manuscript submission for International Journal of [Topic that is actually related to my scholarship]. So, if you have any kind of manuscript on Topic, kindly submit to include in this upcoming issue of the journal, as your response is very important to us.
Yours faithfully,

Any kind of manuscript, you say? So many possibilities. What should I send them?

mamselle

Maybe a follow-on to the ice cream scoops study....

M.