News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The best predatorial journal come-ons

Started by Scout, June 14, 2019, 04:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr_codex

Dear [Dr Codex],

I hope you would be fine and trust this email finds you well.

We are in shortfall of articles for the successful release of Volume 2, Issue 1. Is it possible for you to support us with your research/review/case reports/ Mini reviews etc. towards JBGSR?

Publication charges will be waived off, if you submit your Manuscript on or before July 10, 2020 (DOI and Processing charges are applicable) and every published manuscript will be given precise DOI and a Certificate for Publication.

We are confident that you are always there to support us.

We look forward to your submission.

Joe Sara| Editorial Manager
ISSN: 2692-1081| Open Access Journal of Biogeneric Science and Research
back to the books.

Puget

I seem to have gotten one intended for FishProf!
QuoteAnnals of Aquaculture and Research

Thematic Issue: "Fish Farm"

In the midst of the global COVID-19 pandemic, I take the opportunity to contact Dr.  [Lastname Firstinitial lowercase middle initial] because this lockdown period would be the right time to publish your interesting articles. Hence we would like to take a chance to invite you for your incredible findings

The journal proudly announces the regular issue is going to be release in July 2020. Kindly submit your unpublished article. We have gone through your recent publications with the "[Article in a psychology journal, with no fish-related words that I know of, published 10 years ago] ", which made us so exciting and thought to invite you as you will be one of our potential authors.

Moreover, we recognise our role in this situation for the benefit of the global community, committed to facilitate the publishing of scholarly quality articles in our journal and decided to publish any type of articlesfor only $220 at least for the duration of the outbreak.

I'm glad a made them "so exciting". Unfortunately I have nothing to say about "Fish Farm". However, if the Fora Collective would like to co-author another publication, this seems like a good topic!
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

Cheerful

Quote from: Puget on July 01, 2020, 10:45:47 AM
[...]

Moreover, we recognise our role in this situation for the benefit of the global community, committed to facilitate the publishing of scholarly quality articles in our journal and decided to publish any type of articlesfor only $220 at least for the duration of the outbreak.

Only $220?!  Sounds fishy.

mamselle

Well, we have FishProf, and fishbrains, and...any trout or pikes anyplace?

We could start there...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

OneMoreYear

Got this one this morning.  I am eminent! My work is the best citation! I am totally going to ask my dean for a raise!

QuoteCan we have your article for successful release of Volume 28 Issue 4 in our Biomedical Journal of Scientific & Technical Research (ISSN: 2574 -1241) Impact Factor: 0.548.

In fact, we need article to accomplish the Issue prior to 24th July; we hope that the single manuscript should be yours. If this is a short notice please do send 2 page opinion/mini review/case report, we hope 2 page article isnt time taken for eminent people like you.

Your trust in my efforts is the highest form of our motivation, I believe in you that your eminent manuscript brings out the best citation to our Journal.

Please refer the below link to submit your article online [website]

We do hope you will feel able to respond positively to this invitation, and we look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Anticipate for your promising response. 

the_geneticist

Quote from: OneMoreYear on July 08, 2020, 07:33:10 PM
Got this one this morning.  I am eminent! My work is the best citation! I am totally going to ask my dean for a raise!

QuoteCan we have your article for successful release of Volume 28 Issue 4 in our Biomedical Journal of Scientific & Technical Research (ISSN: 2574 -1241) Impact Factor: 0.548.

In fact, we need article to accomplish the Issue prior to 24th July; we hope that the single manuscript should be yours. If this is a short notice please do send 2 page opinion/mini review/case report, we hope 2 page article isnt time taken for eminent people like you.

Your trust in my efforts is the highest form of our motivation, I believe in you that your eminent manuscript brings out the best citation to our Journal.

Please refer the below link to submit your article online [website]

We do hope you will feel able to respond positively to this invitation, and we look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Anticipate for your promising response. 

Ooo! An impact factor of 0.548!  That will totally impress your dean!  [eye roll]

Hibush

In the midst of the global COVID-19 pandemic, I take the opportunity to contact Dr.  [Lastname Firstinitial lowercase middle initial] because this lockdown period would be the right time to publish your interesting articles. Hence we would like to take a chance to invite you for your incredible findings

The journal proudly announces the regular issue is going to be release in July 2020. Kindly submit your unpublished article. We have gone through your recent publications with the "[Article in a psychology journal, with no fish-related words that I know of, published 10 years ago] ", which made us so exciting and thought to invite you as you will be one of our potential authors.

With so many journals hung up on publishing credible research findings, it is good to see one that has found a niche publishing incredible results.

They are exciting people at that journal, so the are clearly on the road to disruption.

the_geneticist

Quote from: Hibush on July 28, 2020, 05:02:33 PM

With so many journals hung up on publishing credible research findings, it is good to see one that has found a niche publishing incredible results.

They are exciting people at that journal, so the are clearly on the road to disruption.
It's exciting!  I mean, if they want incredible paper, you could do some thesaurus abuse to make your research more fish-related.  Time for some serious creativity!

saffie

As fast as 2 days from submission to publication. According to the note at the bottom, as soon as you've signed over the copyright and made payment, they'll publish your work.

INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INNOVATIVE SCIENCE, ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY (IJISET, ISSN 2348 – 7968),
(An ISO 9001:2008 Certified International Journal)
Around 6000+ Articles are Published in Our Journal
Worldwide 700+ University are approved
More than 6+ Years in Publication
Impact Factor : 6.72
Thomson Reuters ReseacherID indexed Journal: ReseacherID: O-3517-2016

*Scopus Indexed (*applied - 94% Readiness) Reference No:497A62119F52F82

CALL FOR PAPERS VOLUME 7, ISSUE 8
Subject Category: Cover all branches of Engineering, Technology, Science, Paramedial, Pharmacy, Businesss Administration, Education and Mathematics.
Important Dates:

·Paper Submission: 25 August 2020
    ·Review Replay (Acceptance/Rejection) Notification: Within 02 Days after submitting paper.
    ·Published Online on: 27 August 2020

Publication Charges:

Rs 2000/- Paper/Article for Indian Author
    $60 Author out of India

Submission Procedure:
Manuscripts are invited in MS Word format and to be submitted via email
Please note that Review Papers/Articles are also acceptable.
Once a paper is accepted, authors are assumed to cede copyrights of the paper over to IJISET. All papers will be acknowledged and referred.

PAPER SUBMISSION DEAD LINE:
Each full text paper (.doc) along with the corresponding signed copyright transfer form should be submitted by Email:

Note:
If you receive the acceptance letter, after you are sending the copy right form and payment form your paper will be published in our journal immediately even before the date of publication.
With Thanks & Regards,
Editor in Chief

the_geneticist

Dang, it's almost worth spending the $60 to see if they'd really do it.
I think my cats could bang out a something by walking on the keyboard.  Or write a short article on the merits of snoozing on carpets vs pillows.

Puget

I got one from a surgery journal today-- what do you think, our last group effort on a surgery paper made such an eminent contribution, maybe time for another?

It's weird to me, from a psychological perspective of what would make a good scam, that they all seem to be appealing to what we can do for them these days (they really need our paper or they can't put out the next issue!)-- you would think it would work better to suggest the benefits to the prospective author. Perhaps I'm just selfish, but I'm never thinking about how I can help some poor journal when I decide where to submit my papers. (Also possible they don't know enough English to know what their own emails say-- they also seem to follow more or less the same template, so they either copy from each other or all are actually the same person).
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

OneMoreYear

Got one hot off the press this morning.  While the text of the email itself was pretty bland and not worthy of this thread, the email subject line was:

Empower the Journal by Submitting manuscript for Upcoming Issue

science.expat

Quote from: Puget on August 05, 2020, 12:08:25 PM
I got one from a surgery journal today-- what do you think, our last group effort on a surgery paper made such an eminent contribution, maybe time for another?

It's weird to me, from a psychological perspective of what would make a good scam, that they all seem to be appealing to what we can do for them these days (they really need our paper or they can't put out the next issue!)-- you would think it would work better to suggest the benefits to the prospective author. Perhaps I'm just selfish, but I'm never thinking about how I can help some poor journal when I decide where to submit my papers. (Also possible they don't know enough English to know what their own emails say-- they also seem to follow more or less the same template, so they either copy from each other or all are actually the same person).

What happened to that paper?

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Wahoo Redux

Dear Professor/ Dr.,

If you search high quality journal those have world class indexing to published your research work, then IJAEM fulfill your requirements, because we know that your work is not only just a documents file but also conclusion of your many years handwork. So, that justice with the work is only possible when it would publish at right platform.

First check our website www.ijaiem.org and indexing website https://www.ijaiem.org/Indexing.html you will find we provide all evidence as proof, and then you can easily verify it.

Published your Research work with High Quality Indexed , Impact Factor, Pre & Blind Reviewed Worldwide Circulated Journal

Call for Papers (Volume 9, Issue 8 August 2020)  ||   Paper submission Deadline: 30 August 2020

INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF APPLICATION OR INNOVATION IN ENGINEERING & MANAGEMENT
www.ijaiem.org, editor@ijaiem.org
ISSN 2319 – 4847

Why Publish Your Research in IJAIEM

1.       Highly Impact Factor Journal of Value 10.672

2.       Indexed & Approved by Thomsen Reuters and Scopus Society.

3.       It has DOI, ORCID and ISRA: RUN value.

4.       Highly Google Scholar Citation and H-Index, I10-Index Value More then 200.

5.       Indexed & Approved by NASA ads, US- NCBI, Mendeley, UGC , ICI ,Research bib Society.

6.       Circulated more than 1000 world university library.

7.       6000+ Research article published by this publication house.

8.       2000+ Reviewer board member, 10000+ satisfy author with this journal.

We are Invited to you for to become part of our Research Group and publish Your Research with us.

I'm flattered that I, a humanities dude, have been invited to publish with an engineering and management press.

Too bad they don't know my name.

Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.